Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
floss

Honey v Sugar

What has everyone got against sugar? I've heard a few ideas:

1) it feeds candida - but some dispute this

2) it's bad for the liver - tho no-one could explain to me why

3) it promotes a rush of hormones by stimulating insulin which in turn, presumably, stimulates other hormones

Does anyone have any other ideas why sugar is bad / comments on the above theories?

Also, in what ways would honey be better than sugar?

Another sweetner i'm interested in is molasses, since its high mineral content means it's often suggested as an alternative to mineral supplements - but it also has a high iodine content i believe. Nonetheless i've read it being suggested as an 'acne cure' and wonder if anyone has tried / would recommend it?

Honey is best for you when its in its raw form.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=96

"In addition, the processing of honey often removes many of the phytonutrients found in raw honey as it exists in the hive. Raw honey, for example, contains small amounts of the same resins found in propolis. Propolis, sometimes called "bee glue," is actually a complex mixture of resins and other substances that honeybees use to seal the hive and make it safe from bacteria and other micro-organisms."

My impression was that sugar was bad for candida cos it makes you acidic, but not all carbs make you acidic do they?