Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, so lately I have been using jojoba and tea tree oil for my acne, and it has literally cured it. But this past weekend I was getting ready for a trip to Sacramento with some friends, and so I decided to put on Queen Helen mask an hour before I left. I didn't need to put it on since my face looked great from the jojoba, but i decided to put it on just because I loooove the smell! So anyway, about 2 hours later, 4 HUGE cysts popped up on my forehead, and 2 small cysts appeared on my chin.

I hate Queen Helen!!!!!!!

The mint julep Queen Helene mask breaks me out, too... The thing is, clay masks work by drawing moisture out of your pores, so the fact that they cause breakouts isn't entirely surprising -- whatever gunk is lying in wait in your skin will be brought to the surface by the clay. Even though the mask is good for cleaning your pores, the process of cleaning is tragically pimply, so I try not to use clay masks before important events (of course, I usually forget). Anyway, I don't know if your QH mask was clay or not, but I'm sorry about your cysts! Hope they heal in no time.

maybe your allergic to something in the mask? maybe the sulfur.. i have never heard of anyone getting cysts from it.. it worked pretty good when i used it.. a bit drying though.

The mint julep mask is EXTREMELY drying ... it contains not just clay but sulfur. I wouldn't put this all over my face, although I think it would be an effective spot treatment for drying up individual pimples.

The thing is, I don't think cysts can just materialize out of nowhere in a few hours. There must have been stuff below the surface of your skin and the mask brought it out ... that's what it's designed to do, after all ...

I would advise if u have access to a sauna to use it.

It will bring all the rubbish to the surface and you can wash it off and cold shower to close the pores and then go back in.

Masks sometimes do break you out.

thanks for all your replys......thankfully, a few drops of tea tree oil, and my cysts are almost gone!

At first I thought It was just the Queen Helen mask, but it isn't....Astara Masks break me out too, infact all clay masks break me out. Oh well......

I like masks alot for spot treatment. But QH is too drying to use over my whole face.