Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carebear

New, advise on getting microD

hello everyone! i am a newbie here and have come here to get to know people who live with what i do but also for some advise. I am a 26 yr old mother of 2 small kids ages 2 and 7, im a stay at home mom been married 8 yr and my hubby is our only income. I have had problem skin since as far back as i can remember but gorwing up i live with dad and step mom and she never cared to take time to teach me about washing face and taking care of my skin. Just over last 2 yr i have noticed scarring on my face badly enough to where im to self conscious to be outside and have to talking to someone face to face, i know in the sun my scars really seem to stand out so that takes away from my kids because i avoid being outside with them. Here is the ting we got our taxes back and have maybe $800 left i can get microD treatments and get 6 for $500 should i go for it? I wonder if the kits at wal mart do just as good or not? I just feel guilty because we are a family who lives pay check to paycheck but at same time this is money we didnt have a week or so ago anyhow so should i get it? WIll it helkp with little scars or will i be wasting money? I have a app set up for this friday my hubby said to go for it and i hink it it wil help fade most of my scares my confidence will soar its sooo low right now i feel so ugly and it doesnt help that he acts like he is grossed out to touch my face. Any tips would help me greatly :( I will try to add a pic just to give a better idea on my complexion and maybe it will help if thinking thew microdermabrasion may or maynopt work for me and my small scars BAD PIC I havent had my shower or nothing after working out

post-37675-1141141805_thumb.jpg

post-37675-1141141805_thumb.jpg

i know how u feel..if i had the money id do it..but i cant afford it so im doing a home one..i did it once and i already felt my skin smoother...i have to do it everyother day..so we willsee

good luck!!!!!!

Carebear,

Your scarring is very shallow. Handn't you told us you have scars, I would have never noticed them. It does look a little dehydrated and irritated though. Even if your financial situation were that optimal , you shouldn't spend your money on microdermabrassion. It does nothing for scarring. It just helps your skin tone. And after a couple of months, the effects vanish completly. So save those extra $500. Maybe open an account for your kids' college. We all want to look our best. I understand you. But at least your situation is not as hard as ours in many aspects. For example. You have a hardworking husband and two kids. If they accept the way you are, you don't need to impress anybody. Dont get my wrong. But sometimes it's a little harder for "Single" people because they still have to sell themselves and find a lovemate. Personality counts a lot. But It'll be much better to be happy with our appearance.

hello everyone! i am a newbie here and have come here to get to know people who live with what i do but also for some advise. I am a 26 yr old mother of 2 small kids ages 2 and 7, im a stay at home mom been married 8 yr and my hubby is our only income. I have had problem skin since as far back as i can remember but gorwing up i live with dad and step mom and she never cared to take time to teach me about washing face and taking care of my skin. Just over last 2 yr i have noticed scarring on my face badly enough to where im to self conscious to be outside and have to talking to someone face to face, i know in the sun my scars really seem to stand out so that takes away from my kids because i avoid being outside with them. Here is the ting we got our taxes back and have maybe $800 left i can get microD treatments and get 6 for $500 should i go for it? I wonder if the kits at wal mart do just as good or not? I just feel guilty because we are a family who lives pay check to paycheck but at same time this is money we didnt have a week or so ago anyhow so should i get it? WIll it helkp with little scars or will i be wasting money? I have a app set up for this friday my hubby said to go for it and i hink it it wil help fade most of my scares my confidence will soar its sooo low right now i feel so ugly and it doesnt help that he acts like he is grossed out to touch my face. Any tips would help me greatly :( I will try to add a pic just to give a better idea on my complexion and maybe it will help if thinking thew microdermabrasion may or maynopt work for me and my small scars BAD PIC I havent had my shower or nothing after working out

Why don't you go to goldport beauty .com and order the epidermx and the silika camellia oil the results take about 6 months to show but it is a cheaper method of microD...many ppl have even said that it is better than the microD done in salons...I wouldn't know since I have only ever used the epidermx and never gotten it done at the salon...HTH!!