Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~TEPL0~

BP only works for 2 hours

Some people say that it's a "fact" that BP only works for 2 hours after you put it on. I have not been able to find any sources which prove or disprove this.

What do you think? true? not true?

Guest Gentle~Rain

Wow, this is a great question! I'm not really sure. All I could find was this BP...it talks about half life and temperatures near the bottom, but doesn't really say. Plus I'm gonnd bet it also depends how/what it is mixed with. I bet Dan's team who helped formulate his Bp gel would know. Maybe post in the Gel forum too?

good call, maybe if a mod sees this, they'll move it to the gel forum. MOD!! WHERE ARE YOU??

The half-life stuff is interesting. I found that the gel goes on smoother if you heat it up, but apparently that's a bad idea?

I don't know the answer to this, I can only make an uneducated guess, based on logic.

I'd say it works longer, as it's still on my skin, I imagine it would take a few days to just 'wear off' without washing.

I'm sure Dan will know.

I've read at least 1 study on this exact issue. I could try to dredge it up if you guys want. Anyway, it shows bp pretty much completely killing p.acnes bacteria for 24 hours. I take that study with something of a grain of salt though because if I go to once daily bp application I always break out.

Dan, does BP actually absorb into your skin, or does it stay on top as a thin layer?

Is it true that it breaks down to oxygen and water, and if so, does dabbing your face with a napkin in the middle of the day (when your face is oily) make BP stop working at that point, because the water/oil is absorbed?

Thanks.

Guest Hi   Im Bitter

I think it absorbs into your skin. It breathes.