Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BHA765

What kind of chapstick?

Hey, I was on Accutane for about 3 months, it's been 2 years and my lips still get pretty chapped. I'm not 100% sure it's still from Accutane, but I know my lips haven't been the same since. What is a good brand of lip balm you would reccomend? My lips and chapped and dry... and most of the ones I've tried will fix the dryness, but still chapped if that makes any sense.

today is my 5th day on accutane. no signs of chapped lips yet. i should probably go buy some chapstick though because i'm sure it will come soon :(

I swear by Aquaphor. It is kinda like putting vaseline on your lips.. but after 2 days.. your lips are smooth, soft and I think even plumper. :whistle:

I agree with gravity. I live in a really dry area, and ALL the guys (and girls, actually) swear by Burt's Bees. (As in... they each carry around two tubes because it is so good. Or if you are one of my weird friends, you carry 4... no joke, I saw it for myself!) It is really cheap, it has a lot of staying power, it's not glossy like carmex, it's minty so it doesn't taste or smell bad, and a significant other would not mind kissing you with it on your lips. Slather a ton on before you go to bed and you'll only need to reapply in the morning and maybe after you eat. It is fantastic stuff!

My Aveeno chap stick, Intense Relief Medicated Therapy, is really good. And I bought it from the drug store. I used to have bad chapped lips and would use cocoa butter at night. But only this stuff works the best.

aquaphor all night long, because it's thick and very healing

and vaseline during the day, because it's more liquidy and easier to wear

you will learn to love the chapped lips once your skin is clear. I remember looking at mine and thinking: "Ah, it's really working!!!"