Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pollunga

soda, eck

i have had relatively clear skin for a past few years now thanks to accutane (yay!), but i still get little breakouts sometimes, and my forehead had that acne that you can't see, but you can feel it. not much, just a little. anyways. i recently learned about high fructose corn syrup and decided to cut it out of my diet. mainly soda. i stopped drinking soda about 2 weeks ago and already my skin is so much better. it wasn't bad to start with, but my few "bad areas" have cleared up completely, i haven't gotten anything new, and my complexion looks happyl i am sure that there have been posts and testimonies to this on here before, but i didn't feel like looking for them. :) hehe. just thought i'd share.

Good job! And I know how hard it is to stop drinking soda... I tried about 2 weeks ago and have had 3 servings of soda since then (which is really good, considering I used to drink about 3 a day!). But I've noticed a change in my skin too... and I heard that if you go like a month without drinking soda and then you try to drink it, it will taste nasty and all syruppy. Not just the high fructose syrup, but also the caffeine is really bad for your skin too. Good luck!

i dont see any reason to drink pop anyways.. i used to drink a fair bit of it.. but ive probably had 2 pops since summer.. and i honestly dont care for it anymore.. its horrible for your health.. theres no reason to drink it.

Ill have a soda here and there but I stopped drinking it to curb hunger at work. See I work from about 4pm-10pm and there isnt any time to stop and have dinner until sometime after 10pm. Because I have hypoglycemia, I would get really sick from low blood sugar and just have a soda to get some sugar back in my system. Now I bring raisin bran cereal bars to work with me and just have one of those when my blood sugar gets low, and I drink water. Sometimes Ill have a soda after work and when I go out to dinner, but my soda intake has dropped a lot and even though my skin doesnt look different Im sure im healthier overall.

These stories kind of depress me. It reminds me of how much better my skin could be if I just gave up soda.

It's so hard, though. I can plow through a 12 pack in a day, easy.

These stories kind of depress me. It reminds me of how much better my skin could be if I just gave up soda.

It's so hard, though. I can plow through a 12 pack in a day, easy.

:shock:

I bet you would end up feeling a lot better if you gave it up. Just try!

You're more than probably right. :) I have thought about it, and will try it someday. Just not yet.

But congrats to you, by the way, for doing it! I think that's awesome - and it's a healthy and non-chemical way to kick up your regimen! That's great, too.

I don't really like the taste of most sodas anymore either after barely drinking them for the past 6 months. They're too carbonated. Tastewise, I'd rather have a coffee or chai tea.

Jones Soda is a good one though.

I don't really like the taste of most sodas anymore either after barely drinking them for the past 6 months. They're too carbonated. Tastewise, I'd rather have a coffee or chai tea.

Jones Soda is a good one though.

It's been SO easy for me to quit drinking soda, I never cared for it that much in the first place. Now all I drink is water and LOADS of it. It's easy for me to drink a gallon+ in a day lol I just can't get enough of it. It's virtually taken away all my flushing and skin redness. WATER WATER WATER!!!

I used to drink 4-5 cans of it a day. Now that I stopped, it doesn't taste as good (I usually have it when I go out to eat) but it has not improved my skin WHAT SO EVER. Don't feel down because you drink pop and your skins bad, feel down because you drink pop and it reduces the size of your wallet.

Yeah, I gave up soda a while back too. With all the sugar that they contain I would usually end up breaking out the next day after I had one. Now all I drink is water, and water with lemon. I actually don't even crave soda anymore.