Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am probably going to get the shit kicked out of me for posting this.

But I have BDD (Body dysmorphic disorder). I am always super obsessed with my skin and I always feel like I have severe acne. When I look in the mirror I always see it there and I obsess over it. I've actually called in sick to work on multiple ocasions because I feel like it's so bad that I can't even let anyone see me. The problem is, that when I can calm myself down and be logical I realize I rarely ever break out and there is nothing there. I'm just wonder if I'm the only one who is like this, or if I should just leave?

Guest Tenshi

hmm..have u ever had acne? maybe u should not look in the mirror so much? ive heard this b4, many ppl who have this seem to have a unique look about them..almost beautiful, it's just that they seem different they feel they may be ugly.. maybe it's soemthing else? is ur family/friend/home life OK? are u happy with ur clothes? body? or is it just ur face? what have other ppl told u about the way u look? do u get complimented?

I used to have it for real when I was 13/14 years old. But I'm 20 now. No one ever says I'm pretty or ugly. I'm just there you know. I also have a ton of body issues, I've been bulimic for 10 years and I just really do have a hard time seeing myself. Also it's worse without mirrors because my imagination makes things so much bigger than it really is.

I am probably going to get the shit kicked out of me for posting this.

But I have BDD (Body dysmorphic disorder). I am always super obsessed with my skin and I always feel like I have severe acne. When I look in the mirror I always see it there and I obsess over it. I've actually called in sick to work on multiple ocasions because I feel like it's so bad that I can't even let anyone see me. The problem is, that when I can calm myself down and be logical I realize I rarely ever break out and there is nothing there. I'm just wonder if I'm the only one who is like this, or if I should just leave?

No, you're not alone. I was just diagnosed with bdd as well. I think my face is scarred horribly ,and deformed,even though everyone tells me my skin is ok. I d. have pimples though, but I think it's awful,very bad. I don't even like to go out,and I rarely look in the mirror. Bdd is awful. I'm stressed about this every minute of every day. :wall:

I read the post by whyteout_89 about how you shouldn't be allowed to complain if you don't have sever enough Acne. I started to panic, sorry it's all in my head, but it's just as damaging as if it were real. I don't feel like I really even belong here anymore.

I have BDD (Body dysmorphic disorder). I am always super obsessed with my skin and I always feel like I have severe acne. When I look in the mirror I always see it there and I obsess over it. I've actually called in sick to work on multiple ocasions because I feel like it's so bad that I can't even let anyone see me. The problem is, that when I can calm myself down and be logical I realize I rarely ever break out and there is nothing there. I'm just wonder if I'm the only one who is like this, or if I should just leave?

I do the same thing, i'll look in the mirror and automatically zoom in on the imperfections, even if i have one tiny spot, i'll obsess over it. People will tell me i look pretty but i never believe them, then i'll create this false image of myself in my head and avoid mirrors cos i think thats how i look, but then i'll look in the mirror and realise i look fine until i start obsessing again and picking at every minor detail. Thinking about it I feel as though i'm being pathetic but it's such a hard thing to get out of. I actually make myself feel ill worrying so much about my appearance... but we've just got to remember 'we are our worst critics' n what is a huge problem for us, no-one else notices.

Hope you feel better soon