Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snizz

Starting a log for my own benefit. Peep all you want. :)

I've had mild acne since high school, but it has become much worse (and constant) in the last 2 years. Tried everything OTC under the sun but nothing has consistantly worked. Hoping for some helpful advice and some shoulders to whine on.

I could buy a nice dinner for me and my roommate with the money I've spent on the tons of treatment products I have in my bathroom (and put a down payment on a car with everything I've used in the past). I've been putting off using BP because past usage has left me with a lot of bleached clothes, towels and pillowcases. But enough is enough.

I planned to start the regimen today so I went to the store with a list of 10 different cleanser and moisturizer products I had read about here. Each one had its own good and bad stories and I was afraid I would end up choosing the wrong one for me. I stood in that aisle for a good 30 minutes, couldn't make a decision, and left with the BP only. Oh the frustration.

I'll try again tomorrow. :)

hi snizz,

and good luck with the Regimen.

I know it can be hard to choose a product, but just dive in and choose one's that appeal to you.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Today I took all my old acne washes, scrubs, masks, treatments, etc and hid them in the closet so I won't be tempted to use them. I discovered, among my many remaining beauty products (hey, I can't resist a sale) that I already had products I could use on the regimen. Who knew?

Here was today's morning routine:

Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser

On-the-Spot BP

Equate Beauty Lotion with SPF 15 (Walmart's Olay ripoff)

The lotion doesn't work as well as I had hoped. I had to apply it twice in order to get any moisture from it.

I went back to Walgreens (no hemming and hawing this time)and bought Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture SPF 15 and the Walgreen's version of Cetaphil Gentle Cleaner (for the sink, the other one for the shower).

I also bought a liquid hand soap specifically for washing my hands thoroughly after using the BP. I'm so paranoid that I'm going to bleach all my clothes again.

Tonight's routine was:

Fake Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

(Rewashed with) Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser

On-the-Spot BP

Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture SPF 15

I don't care for the fake Cetaphil. It left a residue, as I later read that it was supposed to, but it makes me feel like I haven't washed my face at all so I'm returning it. Also, it seemed to have a small amount of scrubbers in it which I wasn't expecting. I guess I'll be going back to Walgreen's again tomorrow. Third time's the charm, right? :) Maybe I'll get a frequent shopper discount. Ha.

I like the Neutrogena lotion, but I'm still super dry (my skin will eventually get used to this, right?). It cost twice as much as the Walmart stuff so I'll probably stick to that in the future.

Anyway, its technically only the first day, so no news to report yet.

I think my skin is trying to escape from my face. Ow. Its more of a sting than a dryness, so I hope I'm not allergic. Its not terribly painful, but its quite annoying.

I don't know if this is for me. Even if it works and my skin clears up, the fact that most people have to stick to the regimen basically forever or else the acne comes back just doesnt seem like something I'm up for. My main issue is still the bleaching. I'm so paranoid to touch anything for fear that I'll stain and ruin it. If there was a treatment that had the results of using BP with the non-drying, non-staining ease of SA I'd be in clear skin heaven.

I'm frustrated more than words can express.

Well, the log is over. I had to stop the regimen on Wednesday. My face was constantly stinging and quite red. It figures the way my luck goes with my complexion that I'd be one of the few people who is allergic. :doh:

Wednesday night until now I've only used the gentle cleanser and moisturizer because my skin is still red and a bit painful. I don't dare use any treatment (I'm sure I'll pay for later), I need my skin to calm down first.

Any suggestions on how to help heal faster? Ibuprofen maybe?

Anyway, I'm going to try the B5 pills, so I'll start a log for that once they arrive. Hopefully it goes better than this attempt. :)

hmmm, I'm wondering if you may have started out with too much bp?

If you want to give it another go in a few days, after your skin settles down, start out with a very tiny amount. You should not be using the full amount until 4 weeks into it.

You should not be using the full amount until 4 weeks into it.

I only applied a third of a finger's worth, like the pictures showed. Thank goodness I didn't try using the full amount or my face might have just fallen right off. :D

Oh well, my face is quite sensitive, it even gets irritated by some soaps, so I figured this might happen.

Good luck to everyone else...

I had a terrible pain on my face for the first two weeks. I couldn't even open my mouth to eat. It hurt so much. But I persisted, and I'm laughing now.

I don't think I could take that pain for any longer than I already have, but I'm glad it worked for you.

I'm trying the B5 regimen now. My new log can be seen here.

Thanks for reading everyone. Sorry I wasn't much help.

I had a terrible pain on my face for the first two weeks. I couldn't even open my mouth to eat. It hurt so much. But I persisted, and I'm laughing now.

I don't think I could take that pain for any longer than I already have, but I'm glad it worked for you.

I'm trying the B5 regimen now. My new log can be seen here.

Thanks for reading everyone. Sorry I wasn't much help.

hey at least you tried everyone's reaction to bp is different hope the B5 works though good luck