Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ryan442

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion

Hi all!

I was wondering if any of you know if AHA's can cause "flakiness". More specifically, have any of you experienced flakiness with the use of Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion, which has AHA's in it. I recently started using it, and the first few days, I was amazed with the results I was getting...it made my skin look great. But yesterday and today, my skin has become dry and flaky (and with that I broke out a little). I don't know if it was the lotion that caused this, or if it was the fact that I was not using enough. I am going to switch back to Cetaphil for a few days and see what that does. Also, for those of you that use moisturizers with AHA's in them (Eucerin Skin Renewal Day and Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion) do you apply them twice a day, or do you use a different moisturizer in the morning with the regimen? Thanks. As always...all help is appreciated!

Using Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion (NHSFL) too often will severely dry out your skin, while using just the right amount will result in smooth, flake-free skin. I had the same experience as you when starting NHSFL; my skin was very nice, then started getting drier and drier as I used more and more NHSFL to combat the dryness. I then changed my moisturizing regimen to the one in my sig, and now I have no problems. Try mixing Cetaphil and NHSFL in the morning, and just using Cetaphil at night. Good luck.

That guy doesn't know wut he's talkin about. Using it too often will dry out your skin? WHAT!? Washing your face too often dries out your skin, exposing your face to hot water dries out your skin, but using a moisturizer too often drying out your skin? NO WAY. This lotion contains glycolic acid which is by far the most effective moisturizing ingredient in any lotion. I read that with using glycolic acid twice a day on your face, in the first 4 weeks the moisture content in your skin increases by 300%, which to me doesnt sound like dry skin LOL

That guy doesn't know wut he's talkin about. Using it too often will dry out your skin? WHAT!? Washing your face too often dries out your skin, exposing your face to hot water dries out your skin, but using a moisturizer too often drying out your skin? NO WAY. This lotion contains glycolic acid which is by far the most effective moisturizing ingredient in any lotion. I read that with using glycolic acid twice a day on your face, in the first 4 weeks the moisture content in your skin increases by 300%, which to me doesnt sound like dry skin LOL

Glycolic acid is not a moisturizing ingredient. It's used in many "at home" peel kits and such....you don't know what you're talking about. One acid that IS a moisturizing ingredient is hyaluronic acid; but that isn't in Neutrogena Healthy Skin lotion.

Glycolic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid which, like salicylic acid, helps to exfoliate the top layers of skin.

using a strong AHA too often can lead to overexfoliation=flakes.

It's happened quite frequently.

I'd only use it once a day, like at night, then just use a light regular moisturizer in the morning. Or vice versa.

This is exactly whats happening to me. Im not sure what to do. I put more Neutrogena HSF lotion on my flakes and i dont think it helps at all. All of my face has flakes but so far this moisturizer hasen't broke me out like the others. Im not sure if putting on a lot of moisturizer and then wipeing it with tissue will break me out but it takes off most of the flakes in an instant.

i ccant decide if using 2 pumps on my whole face makes me red or if using about 4 pumps makes me red.. hmm its hard to tell what is better

wut about u guys if u use it twice

i think the bp should be completly in ur skin and off the top layer because bp + aha for some people(like me)might irratate

err. hmm...