Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chris338877

trying to get accutane?

this is what i've personally found:

i've been to a few different derms and finally got accutane. i don't think that it's just a coincidence that my last derm was only in his 30's and my other ones that would not give me accutane were in their 50s-60s.

look for a younger derm and see how it goes. older derms seem to more 'old fashion' and really worry about the rare sides of accutane.

no if your derm thinks u should get it then so be it...I didint think i would qulify then he aske dme then I was shocked

i've been to a few different derms and finally got accutane. i don't think that it's just a coincidence that my last derm was only in his 30's and my other ones that would not give me accutane were in their 50s-60s.

look for a younger derm and see how it goes. older derms seem to more 'old fashion' and really worry about the rare sides of accutane.

all the older docs talk about accutane like its some kind of nerve gas

I agree

all the older docs talk about accutane like its some kind of nerve gas

I agree

@mac, derms may THINK lots of stuff. They have opinions. Thats why you'll see some people with mild acne on tane, while others with far worse skin have to beg for it and are still denied...

Nah....my derm looks like he's in his late twenties or early thirties. He's still big on the antibiotics.

How can a doctor be so hell bent on tow or three year long courses of various antibiotics, but are scared to death to prescribe tane????