Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadygirl

Revlon Colourstay Changed!!!!!! Help

:shock:Help Me

I've been using Revlon Colorstay since it came out. It was awesome. It covered Excellent.

I'm scared to try the new stuff, "Soft Flex", it sounds too light. I don't mind heavy make up as long as it covers. I only breakout during a certain time of the month, But I have Major scaring from cystic acne, which I rarely get anymore. I am light to medium skin color. Probably more light. But red scars everywhere. I need coverage, My skin is very oily.

I need something I can buy at a local store (USA) I am a wife and mom, I can't spend a whole lot, and I need to be able to get quickly when I run out.

Please Any Suggestions welcome.

I've been using Revlon Colorstay since it came out. It was awesome. It covered Excellent.

I'm scared to try the new stuff, "Soft Flex", it sounds too light. I don't mind heavy make up as long as it covers. I only breakout during a certain time of the month, But I have Major scaring from cystic acne, which I rarely get anymore. I am light to medium skin color. Probably more light. But red scars everywhere. I need coverage, My skin is very oily.

I need something I can buy at a local store (USA) I am a wife and mom, I can't spend a whole lot, and I need to be able to get quickly when I run out.

I still see revlon colorstay around. . .I hate that stuff. Almay is decent, you might want to try that line. Or go onto makeupalley.com and see what they say about the soft flex one (they have boards and a product rating/review area)

I still see revlon colorstay around. . .I hate that stuff. Almay is decent, you might want to try that line. Or go onto makeupalley.com and see what they say about the soft flex one (they have boards and a product rating/review area)

The new Colorstay with Soft Flex is almost the exact same thing as the old Colorstay. The one for

Oily/Combination Skin was based off off the old Colorstay. The one for Normal/Dry skin was based off Colorstay Stay Natural (which has slightly less coverage than the original Colorstay). If you liked Colorstay, the Oily/Combination Skin one with Soft Flex is pretty much the same thing, but it's supposed to be more comfortable. The formulas are very similar....it's basically just a new marketing story...

Guest TylerD

I dont see how u guys applymakeup from a tube. I always have so much trouble applying with my fingers. It always has streaks and looks like shit lol. I just use a pressed cream that way i can use a sponge and it always goes on nice and smooth.

I dont see how u guys applymakeup from a tube. I always have so much trouble applying with my fingers. It always has streaks and looks like shit lol. I just use a pressed cream that way i can use a sponge and it always goes on nice and smooth.

i start out with a tiiiiny bit and kind of 'press' it into my skin rather than wiping my fingers across my face. dip the pad of your finger in it and press it on, dabbing as you go. add more coats as necessary. this is partially because it works by partially because my skin gets flaky and rubbing makes it even grosser.

Guest TylerD

i start out with a tiiiiny bit and kind of 'press' it into my skin rather than wiping my fingers across my face. dip the pad of your finger in it and press it on, dabbing as you go. add more coats as necessary. this is partially because it works by partially because my skin gets flaky and rubbing makes it even grosser.

It must take quite a bit if you were to just press it into your skin wouldnt it??

Yes, go to makeupalley.com and read up on the Soft-flex version. Most say it's pretty good stuff, but I've seen one or two entries where people have said that it began to break them out after awhile. Kinda scary.

Original CS would break me out after awhile, too, so I doubt I'll be using the new version much unless it's for a special occasion where I need my makeup to stay in place. Might think about using it when I go to visit my grandparents in Mississippi for a week and see how that goes.

One good thing about the new CS is that I think they've managed to expand their color selection. I was browsing the cosmetics aisle at Walgreen's and saw that they actually may have a shade that's light enough for me to consider in the winter time. However, a closer look at the bottle revealed no mention of the formulation being non-comedogenic. Suspect, at best!