Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

sa with benzoyl perxiode.. / can someone recommend a good SA cleanser i can buy @ cvs , i want something that exoflits the skin so bp can get in there better.. becuase AHA moutrizer just isnet doing it right i feel that bp is not getting into my follice its just laying there about dead skin

SA opens up your pores and removes some of the bacteria, using SA and BP together is kinda risky for it might just break you out. But, I just use the Clearasil products, the SA is 2% but if you want something less rough try Sea Breeze it's 1%.

so u use %2 SA wash only? no spot treaments with SA or bp

reason i wnn do this MOST of my friends use sa products and thier skin is perfect :D i guess uncloggin pores and new skin renewal keeps your skin lookinng fresh

ive heard using a TOner is agood thing also

No I use BP and SA as a spot treater when I pop or need to get "inside" the pimple. SA opens up the pore and BP goes in and kills the bacteria.

Yeah, some people can just use SA and have great skin but, it has to do with what type of acne they get. SA kills the minor bacteria. I might start using SA only when I am clear from using the regimen.

I have been able to use SA with BP with no problems at all. But I find that cleansers with SA do nothing except dry my skin out. You're better off washing your face with a gentle non-medicated cleanser and then applying SA or BP to the skin.

I personally like to use either Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin treatment (sadly, this is discontinued) and recently have discovered Clean & Clear Invisible Blemish Treatment. The Clean & Clear invisible blemish treatment comes in a clear, small tube (22mL) and contains 2% salicylic acid.

I like to apply it all over my face (cheeks, chin, nose, forehead) with about a pea-sized blob for each part of my face. I rub it in gently, like the way I would with BP. After it is completely absorbed, I then add my usual amount of BP on top; I will warn you that unless you have fairly "tolerant" skin, this may be too much. I've been using BP for 3 years, so my skin can pretty much handle anything.

I hope this helps!

I want to clear up a little something here.

Salicylic Acid does not kill any bacteria at all. It helps unclog small comedones, but doesn't have any bacteria fighting ingredients at all.

Benzoyl peroxide kills bacteria.

Some people can get away with using the two products concurrently, like using an SA wash, followed by a bp leave-on lotion or gel. But, you can expect alot of dryness doing that, and Dan doesn't recommend doing this if you are on his Regimen.

Most derms don't recommend using two leave-on products, like SA leave-on and a bp leave-on at the same time either, but you can try alternating them.

But Steven, I really feel if you want to do The Regimen, you need to stop switching your products every other day, and hang in there. Give it time to work for you, doing it the way Dan describes.

ok ill keep using the regime im just so annoyed from these little bumps :[ thier white lil bumps mayb lcogged pores how do i get rid ofthemmmm

Steven,

do you have clogged pores, or acne?

if all you have is some clogged pores, then yes, perhaps an SA product or retinoid like Retin-a might be better for you.

both / so how can that be fixed? ( a exfoilant i mguessing or toner?)

and hey brandy ive been thinking of buying cetaphil gentle bar of soap

both / so how can that be fixed? ( a exfoilant i mguessing or toner?)

and hey brandy ive been thinking of buying cetaphil gentle bar of soap

OMG! please stfu!

sigh...........Steven, maybe you should see a dermatologist so you will know exactly what kind of skin condition you have. I think I've done all I can to help you dear.

good luck.