Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jasroach

The regimen and Accutane...

I have been on Accutane so far for a month and a half... I've gotten worse before it gets better... and I"m slowly getting to the better stage... but after researching and reading this site, I was wondering if it would be ok or safe to follow the Regimen while on Accutane to speed up the recovery of my surface acne?? What I figued I could do since my skin is ultra sensitive from being on Accutane is perhaps follow the Regimen but only use a lesser amount of the suggested BP??

What are your thoughts?? Has anyone out there ever used the Regimen while on Accutane treatments?

from what i know about accutane (have been on a course previously myself), it would be highly NOT recommended to use the regimen while on accuatne (Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too drying). you should start to notice improvements on accutane fairly soon. but BP would not be good while on accutane...

I would however, consider using the regimen about 2 mths after going off accutane. A fair number of people relapse after accutane, although the acne is sometimes far less severe. i had a relapse, but the regimen seems to be maintaining me quite well. and i shall continue using it as a maintenance routine until i grow out of acne (i'm 29yo now).

good luck,

pinky

Thanks Pinky for the reply... I did try it for a few days, and it is definately too drying.. it felt fine going on but it really enhanced the flakiness so I guesss I'll just have to be patient and wait :)

regular gentle cleansing and moisturising will not do your skin any harm...but don't use bp or any other acne med while your on accutane.