Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
liz07

stievamicin topical cream

i was on tetracycline anti-biotics for 8 weeks, they worked really good and i was pleased with the results. today i went to my doctor and he said he wanted me off the pills and start topical creams. so starting today i will be using Spectrgel (i was using this face wash while on tetra also), and Stievamicin topical cream. so anyone who is using or has used this topical please tell me your results and how it worked for u.. and does this cream have an initial break out thats supposed to happen?

made my skin red and dry. From my experience, these topical cream are only a temporary fix for your skin. Look elsewhere if you want a longterm fix

what is a longterm fix? other than like.. accutance

dont these creams help prevent acne and the existing acne no matter how long youre on them for?

dont these creams help prevent acne and the existing acne no matter how long youre on them for?

Yes I call them a temp fix because you need to keep using them to control your acne. In my case, my skin just gets used to the topical cream after a while and does no good.

depends on the active ingredient.

some creams use antibiotics in them, which acne bacteria can become resistant to..

i was on tetracycline anti-biotics for 8 weeks, they worked really good and i was pleased with the results. today i went to my doctor and he said he wanted me off the pills and start topical creams. so starting today i will be using Spectrgel (i was using this face wash while on tetra also), and Stievamicin topical cream. so anyone who is using or has used this topical please tell me your results and how it worked for u.. and does this cream have an initial break out thats supposed to happen?

Hi, I just had Stievamycin prescribed to me last Friday, I've used it three times so far. The first couple times I used it, when I woke up in the morning I had wispy strands of skin coming off, and my face was really sore and red after I washed it. I think I was inadvertantly scrubbing too hard trying to get the flakes off. Anyway, I've found that I have to be very gentle with cleansing in the morning, just lightly rubbing my skin with my fingers with the spectro jel, no pressure at all, and gently patting dry with a towl or air-drying. My skin feels a lot better since I've done this. I'm also thinking of switching to spectro derm, as it's supposed to be more moisturizing. As for initial break out, I'm not sure. I think the erythormycin in the gel along with the retinoid is supposed to curb the initial break out...I'm hoping. I haven't had any new breakouts yet...

i just applied it for the first time right now (i only apply on my cheeks) and instantly the skin on my cheeks feels tight and my eyes kind of stung for a few seconds, i guess its really strong.

does it help with redspots/scarring? like help the spots fade faster and even out skin complexion?

i just applied it for the first time right now (i only apply on my cheeks) and instantly the skin on my cheeks feels tight and my eyes kind of stung for a few seconds, i guess its really strong.

does it help with redspots/scarring? like help the spots fade faster and even out skin complexion?

hmm, it doesn't really feel like that for me. How much are you using? I've only been using about a pea sized amount on my entire face. I find my skin is sensitive the next morning, and I have to be really carefull to be very gentle when cleansing.

umm i use about a pea size for each cheek, and do u know if it helps with red spots?

umm i use about a pea size for each cheek, and do u know if it helps with red spots?

Some of the reviews on this board said it's supposed to help with red marks, since its a retinoid it probably should. I'm on Day 4 of using this stuff (the mild) and my skin is getting quite flakey. Not too much redness though, unless I touch my face. Hope this works!