Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Llywpi

Goals that you can never reach.

Does anyone else set themselves targets...like....

by christmas I'm going to have clear skin

ok by valentines day

ok definetly by easter

really by the end of the summer

i'll have clear skin on my birthday

ok well this christmas i'm gonna have clear skin

and then it never happens and keeps going on....my current target it my 18th bday - so I've got until September

Yep!!! :( so sad... ive been doing it for like 2years now

My current target is the summer!! I go away with my mates if i still have acne I dont know how i will fuckin cope! lol

posh I hope ya manage it :D

and elsewhere - you should never give up hope, we WILL all have clear skin!! :):) soon!!! (or soon ish)! hehe

Thanks! It's just that my mother is 45 and still dealing with acne, I'm pretty sure that'll be me, too. But maybe I'll clear up around my 50's.....right in time for wrinkles!

Heh heh....

Acne is so unpredictable, I personally see it as pointless to set goals like that. I think it's better to just set the goal of always doing the best you can to combat the disease. You can't really do much more then that.

Heh, I always do. According to my goals, I'm supposed to be clear January 2003.

My goal this year is to get clear by May 20th, which is my girl's prom.

Heh, I have it planned out on my calendar and everything.. diet.. chemical peels.. Its insane.

I don't bother with goals, I can tell that I'm going to be struggling with acne for a long fucking time, I just have a feeling that my acne, while not severe, is going to be persistant as fuck. Heh, funny how red marks can have such a huge fucking effect on a person's life, and through no fault of the victim, but the fucked up society we live in. Woo!

I always tell myself to stop masturbating...

By January imma go on for a month...

Ok Feburary....

Ok fine March!!!!

So far i'm loosing...>_>

I used to all the time. "I'll wear this when I'm clear" or "next year, when I'm clear"....

I don't do it anymore. I'm all for setting goals for yourself, but I realized that my skin is something that I'm not going to be able to control. I may or may not be clear next year, next month, etc....can't keep saying those things to myself anymore.

Ugh yes I do that all the time! :( I remember last year around spring break and I hated the fact that I had to wear make up to the beach and I was thinking "well I will definately be clear by next year" and now spring break is next month and I'm not clear! :( Sometimes I even think "next week I'll be clear" because I can't stand the thought of having it any longer and I keep thinking a miracle is gonna happen. :(

Dont set goals over things you have no real control over.

Set goals on going ot teh gym, doing well in school, getting better clothes.

Skin is unpredictable.