Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys. Wednesday marks my sixth week on Minocycline (110 mg/day) and I have yet to see any results. In fact, I think my skin has gotten worse. Last week I thought I was finally experiencing clearer skin, but I just broke out the other day for about the third time since beginning the medication. I know it's typical to break out when just starting the medication, but are sixth-week breakouts typical? I've also been using duac gel at night. It makes my face feel tight, but my acne is as stubborn as ever.

I've tried proactiv, I've tried switching facewash, I've tried switching makeup. I'm pretty discouraged at this point. Should I keep trucking on with this Mino, or should I ask the dermo to up my dosage? Should I ask for a different topical? I know that medication works differently for everyone, but I could really use some advice.

The thing is, I'm getting married on the first of July, and my face has never, ever looked like this.

I just spoke with my dermo over the phone. He's such a nice guy.

He's prescribing me retin-a to use in the mornings and he's also prescribing a sulfa drug to use instead of the minocycline. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Hey guys. Wednesday marks my sixth week on Minocycline (110 mg/day) and I have yet to see any results. In fact, I think my skin has gotten worse. Last week I thought I was finally experiencing clearer skin, but I just broke out the other day for about the third time since beginning the medication. I know it's typical to break out when just starting the medication, but are sixth-week breakouts typical? I've also been using duac gel at night. It makes my face feel tight, but my acne is as stubborn as ever.

I've tried proactiv, I've tried switching facewash, I've tried switching makeup. I'm pretty discouraged at this point. Should I keep trucking on with this Mino, or should I ask the dermo to up my dosage? Should I ask for a different topical? I know that medication works differently for everyone, but I could really use some advice.

The thing is, I'm getting married on the first of July, and my face has never, ever looked like this.

none of that stuff works, try accutane if you have severe acne, smoothbeam laser or birthcontrol pills if you are a woman, those are the only things that worked for me and I have tried hundreds of things and spent thousands of dollars since I was 10 yrs old. Good luck.

it took someone i know 2 in a half months to see results and now they're absolutely acne-free. and they broke out during the first weeks of the minocyclin. so i would just wait

but it isnt a long term cure... so why bother, unless you're 15 and are likely to grow out of it by 16...

but it wont last much more then that

im on myno right now and its been great for me almost instantly, (it hasnt even been a month yet) but who knows. I'm getting a couple of zits now though. :( my derm also prescribed me retisol-a and something else to put on my face at night (which has made my skin so flaky) At least your derm is nice, hope your new medication works out for you.