Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whyteout

Acne "Sufferers" are starting to piss me off

I have bad moderate acne, but not severe because I dont have cysts, but red marks cover my entire face. You have people on this fuckin site with 1 or 2 pimples and theyre talking about not going on on dates and being emotionally down. How the fuck am I supposed to feel if you think that your ugly becuase of those 4 or 5 pimples? Thats beside the point....people shouldnt complain when they get like a few pimples a week, not to mention they are like invisible and up your ass somewhere. Half the people on this site dont even have visible acne from pictures.

I also find it hillllarious that people with BARELY any mild acne get put on accutane, whereas my acne is gonna scar like a bitch and I cant even go on Accutane till ive tried everything else. I find that people with MILD acne complain and cry more than people with BAD acne. Its like complaining that your toe got cut off, infront of a person with no foot. Sry I had to say this it was pissing me off

You sound stupid mate. Everyone feels different, what effects one person might not effect the next. Its called being an individual. In life someone is always going to be worse off than you, that doesn't mean we have to accept a problem.

If your talking about me - I have scaring, and Ive seen 4 derms now not one of them have said you shouldn't be on tane.

You sound stupid mate. Everyone feels different, what effects one person might not effect the next. Its called being an individual. In life someone is always going to be worse off than you, that doesn't mean we have to accept a problem.

If your talking about me - I have scaring, and Ive seen 4 derms now not one of them have said you shouldn't be on tane.

I might sound stupid to you, but put yourself in my position. I have HORIBLE acne compared to the 2-3 pimples many people had, and i dont even have cystic acne. THEY complain and cry about not being able to get dates.

I haven't done this in a while.

So I'm going to.

Hey whyteout, you know what gets me sometimes? Hearing people complain about thier parents. Yes, thier parents. How could THIER parents possibly hurt them as much as mine did?

My parents beat me, with fists and belt buckles. My parents raped me and then blamed me for it. My parents spent days in the bathroom while I frantically pounded on the door, wondering if they really were going to slit thier wrists like they said they were going to. I had to drag my parents OUT of the bathroom later and call 911 because they'd overdosed on herion. My mother started starving herself and landed herself in the ER at 72 lbs and then told me it was my fault.

That bugs me. And it bugs me that people who HAVEN'T experienced these things at the hands of thier parents complain.

But you know what I have to? I have to get. the. fuck. over. it.

That's right, I have to accept the fact that just because thier pain doesn't look like mine, that doesn't mean it isn't real for them.

So I say, be angry. Vent. Venting is good. I do it all the time. But don't play my pain is worse than yours, cuz I've gotten pretty good at playing that game myself. And it ain't gotten me nowhere.

I might sound stupid to you, but put yourself in my position. I have HORIBLE acne compared to the 2-3 pimples many people had, and i dont even have cystic acne. THEY complain and cry about not being able to get dates.

Yeah I feel for you. Its not like i have 3 pimples spring up every now and again, I have always for the past 4years had 3 pimples at the minimum, not one clear day in 4 years! Ive got scaring. I havn't had a shag in over 2 years cus im so fucked in the head from it, my life is crap. Yeah maybe its more psychological now than physical but im still in the same rut with you.

Guest funky_monkey

errmmmmmmmmmmm..................

<confused>

I haven't done this in a while.

So I'm going to.

Hey whyteout, you know what gets me sometimes? Hearing people complain about thier parents. Yes, thier parents. How could THIER parents possibly hurt them as much as mine did?

My parents beat me, with fists and belt buckles. My parents raped me and then blamed me for it. My parents spent days in the bathroom while I frantically pounded on the door, wondering if they really were going to slit thier wrists like they said they were going to. I had to drag my parents OUT of the bathroom later and call 911 because they'd overdosed on herion. My mother started starving herself and landed herself in the ER at 72 lbs and then told me it was my fault.

That bugs me. And it bugs me that people who HAVEN'T experienced these things at the hands of thier parents complain.

But you know what I have to? I have to get. the. fuck. over. it.

That's right, I have to accept the fact that just because thier pain doesn't look like mine, that doesn't mean it isn't real for them.

So I say, be angry. Vent. Venting is good. I do it all the time. But don't play my pain is worse than yours, cuz I've gotten pretty good at playing that game myself. And it ain't gotten me nowhere.

That's the most disturbing thing i have ever heard

Acne doesnt look as bad in pictures. Peoples derms will have seen them close up with no make-up on and how bad their acne really is. People with only one or two pimples dont put on acutane, ya cant judge people from their pics on this site.

Ewok - it disturbs me sometimes. But other than the need to constantly talk about it, I'm fairly well adjusted. But I've heard far far worse stories in the various support groups I've been in.

Someone always has it worse than me, even as much as I don't want to admit it sometimes.

Ewok - it disturbs me sometimes. But other than the need to constantly talk about it, I'm fairly well adjusted. But I've heard far far worse stories in the various support groups I've been in.

Someone always has it worse than me, even as much as I don't want to admit it sometimes.

:hugs:

Elsewhere, I think you might have scared whyteout away...

And to the OP, I don't think this place is the anti-beauty contest, it's not a competition, acne is shite in all forms, you can't start whining because you don't think people classify as having a worse case than you...

...but I have to agree, some people do seem to worry alot about nothing...

And Elsewhere, :hugs: too

I didn't mean to scare him away. I just get frustrated when people try to say "Your acne isn't so bad! You don't belong here!" We all belong here, because no clear person is going to become a registered member of a place called "ACNE.ORG."

I might have come on a little strong. Thanks for the hug. Hugs are good. :)

Guest Tenshi

well, why dont u try referring to another derm? u know some derms are just after your money... i had cysts on my face and ppl don't even beleive me...but ur right, accutane is best for cystic acne..keep trying..because i know once u get it, u will be amazed with the results.. dont worry about other ppl, just worry about yourself..be gentle with ur skin and eventually when u get on the drug, it will be smooth sailing.. book an appointmnt now and get referred to another derm quick.. i even typd out a page of things i had tried that i hadnt even tried b4..like retin A and other topicals/antibiotics/drugs that i looked up on the internet to make me look even more desperate. i was lucky, because apaprently my face was already fucked up enough to be approved 6 months ago...but i hope u get it..just dont let them tell u no..keep persisting.

Someone always has it worse than me ..

This is true. Even when I feel miserably I just realize that there are people, millions of them, who feel far worse than me.

Anyway, whyteout has made a fair point. The biggest drama queens are quite often people with least problems.

Elsewhere,

I had a pretty similar f*cked up childhood myself, and I think I've yet to go through the venting process....Maybe I got over it without all the venting....or maybe I just don't know how to....

Maybe I take out my frustration by beating poor helpless men over the head with baseball bats (oh wait he broke into my house and was far from helpless....he was armed)...

now....

But I will bitch about acne......

So I've got a big cyst on my cheek right now that I need to get injected, before this weekwend because I have a bridal shower to go to (and I'm the maid of honor).....I don't have acne all over my face anymore, but I still get these moster cysts that are scarring....

So I guess I'm one of those people who bitch about one or two zits okay more like 5 or 6), because they're monsters and they scar. And my derm just wants to throw antibiotics at me that I know I'm allergic to....

I have bad moderate acne, but not severe because I dont have cysts, but red marks cover my entire face. You have people on this fuckin site with 1 or 2 pimples and theyre talking about not going on on dates and being emotionally down. How the fuck am I supposed to feel if you think that your ugly becuase of those 4 or 5 pimples? Thats beside the point....people shouldnt complain when they get like a few pimples a week, not to mention they are like invisible and up your ass somewhere. Half the people on this site dont even have visible acne from pictures.

I also find it hillllarious that people with BARELY any mild acne get put on accutane, whereas my acne is gonna scar like a bitch and I cant even go on Accutane till ive tried everything else. I find that people with MILD acne complain and cry more than people with BAD acne. Its like complaining that your toe got cut off, infront of a person with no foot. Sry I had to say this it was pissing me off

What pisses me off is when people feel the need to compare other people's problems with their own. If someone has a complex about their acne, what gives anyone the right to tell them that's stupid or wrong? And whether your foot got cut off or your toe got cut off, either way it still sucks. So yeah, for people with mild/moderate acne, it could be worse. But it's no contest.

The point he's trying to make I guess is this: -

If you start whining to someone with no feet, about how you lost a toe, don't expect them to give a shit.

If you start whining to someone with no feet, about how you lost a toe, don't expect them to give a shit.

true, but lots of people here have mild acne that is still debilitating to them so therefore people can relate to eachother and actually give a shit.

Drugs are bad mmkay.

No such thing as an okay drug.

Even prescription drugs should only be taken as a last resort.

You abuse drugs - you ruin your life and many others. You think you have control, but you don't. Accept it...

I know that. But honestly, if I had no feet, and someone was complaining about losing a toe... I could still understand where they were coming from and why they would be upset. My point is that this isn't a competition over whose acne is more severe.

EXAMPLE:

I was talking to a group of friends about how my parents are getting divorced. And I was saying about how my dad and I never got along but I still feel bad for him because he doesn't want to lose my mom. And then one of my friends blurts out "I never even knew my dad."

That kind of angered me because it made me feel like he was trying to tell me my problem is not so big compared to his. And I didn't expect him to not give a shit just because his situation is different. I would hope that people could put their problems aside for a moment when it comes to someone else's problems. Someone always has worse problems, but people shouldn't look at other's (more severe) problems for a way to feel better about their own. And they shouldn't look at other's (less severe) problems for a way to make them feel worse about their own.