Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phisher420

I have some questions about Tazorac

I just got it last week, and I went to fast, my skin was getting very red and really dry. So should I just keep it on for like 10 minutes from now on? And after I wash my face, how long should I wait to apply it? I really hope this works. The doctor also gave me antibiotics. And he said that Tazorac helps a little bit with the scarring, is that true? I used vinegar (stopped because of Tazorac), lemon, and tape. So how long will it take for things to get better?

i'm starting tazorac again, my doctor said he believed it was the strongest, best retinoid, at least for me anyway. I tried starting it a few weeks ago and i did not listen to him when he said go every other day, only a little bit, etc..i used it every day for a few days and like you my face got very red and very dry to the point where i couldn't use it any more.

so starting tonight i will do exactly what the doc said for the next few months. he said use twice a week, then three times, then work up to every day if your skin tolerates it. You're supposed to wait about 20 min after washing your face and only use a tiny amount. The sample tube used just on your face is supposed to last a whole month! to give u an idea)

well let me know how it's going for you with tazorac. maybe we can see each other's progress. it would really help me to be in touch with someone else using it.

how is your acne? mine is moderate, i think, and getting worse. Oh yeah and he said to use it for 3 months, and that it will definitely get worse after the first month but then start improving form there and have good results between months 2 and 3.

by the way i'm also on klaron in the mornigns and minocycline once per day.

oh yeah...well 3 months seems like areally long time to wait for results but the way i see it now is i really have nothing to lose anymore cause it's prettry bad...and since he pretty much promised me results if i did what he said i guess i will have to trust him and wait it out.................................

Hey guys, I'm using Tazorac as well. I just got up to using it every other night. I can already see a bit of redness and peeling in my skin but hopefully the skin will adjust. Hopefully. Anyway stillhoping, I liked your idea of maybe keeping in touch with eachothers progress. I think it would be good to have a little support from one another =)

hey v, you're definitely doing the right thing by working up. i wish i did that from the beginning. tonight was the first night where i just put on a pea size on my face and washed it off after 5 minutes. It does seem to be less irritating this way, so i'll keep doing that either every other night or every third night..and keep inclreasing until i can use it every day..what kind of acne do u have? mine is moderate i think, and it's mostly around my chin..and unfortunately i have really fair sensitive skin so everything, including the redness really stands out. anyway my skin looks a little red, but nothing compared to the lovely tomato look i got a few weeks ago. I don't know if the slight redness is because of the tazorac now or because it's still recovering from what i did to it :) anyway lets keep in touch. email if u want: [email protected]

yeah, you're taking the right steps now.....i think my acne is moderate as well. i dont have too much acne on skin but a lot of underground junk that OTC products don't get at. and i got your email too, thanks =)