Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey guys, i have been using Aveeno Clear Complexion Correcting Treatment for the past 3 weeks. I didn't want to post anything too soon, just to make sure it was working. I LOVE IT. my red marks are fading so fast. I saw results after 1 week and it keeps getting better every week. It was 15 bucks at CVS...if you want to try i would say it's worth it. The subborn marks seem to be taking a little longer, but my right side of my side is almost mark free :dance: i hope if works for you guys if you decide to try it!

last time i used anything with sa in it (clean an clear scrub) i got a HUGE breakout...sucks for me

yay! i'll have to pick some up next time i can get to a drugstore/target/wal-mart [i'm at uni so i'm hella isolated...not even a starbucks for 20 miles]

oh and clean and clear sucks! clearly it makes acne worse so you just end up buying more and more of their product. think about it if it cleared your skin you'd stop buying clean and clear/clearasil/oxy/etc!!! gah i hate conspiracy theories thoguh, but this one is unavoidable

Cool. Are you on Accutane? (crosses fingers) :|

yeah i just started 2.14.06

i thought you weren't suppose to use any products with SA or any other kinds of acid while on accutane??

last time i used anything with sa in it (clean an clear scrub) i got a HUGE breakout...sucks for me

That's probably due more to the scrub than the SA. Those companies advertise their scrubs like they're things you should use everyday or cleanse with so that they can sell them, when really most people's skin -- especially if it's sensitized by acne treatments -- should only be scrubbed 2-3x a week. My skin doesn't even like that. I hate clean and clear -- I was using their cleansers and toners when I was like 14 and didn't know shit about skincare, and I'm pretty sure they did much much more harm than good. I know none of them stopped any breakouts, that's for sure. I also think they made me overproduce oil, and they gave my skin a weird leathery texture immediately after use (this was middle school aged skin!). My skin cleared up fast when I stopped using drugstore (neutrogena and clean and clear) acne products.

does it dry your skin out?

i'm sorry, i cant really say because i'm on accutane so i'm already dry. BUT i did use it BEFORE i went on accutane, and it didn't dry out my skin.

what wash do u use in conjuction with this aveeno stuff

i just use Cetaphil.

does anyone know where to get it in australia???

i don't think i've seen this brand around here...

Hey,

How do the red marks look now? I've tried so many products and lost so much money as well as hope, so I'm critical to trying another one. Let me know how things are going.

Hey,

How do the red marks look now? I've tried so many products and lost so much money as well as hope, so I'm critical to trying another one. Let me know how things are going.

they aren't PERFECT, but they did fade alot.

hey guys, i have been using Aveeno Clear Complexion Correcting Treatment for the past 3 weeks. I didn't want to post anything too soon, just to make sure it was working. I LOVE IT. my red marks are fading so fast. I saw results after 1 week and it keeps getting better every week. It was 15 bucks at CVS...if you want to try i would say it's worth it. The subborn marks seem to be taking a little longer, but my right side of my side is almost mark free :dance: i hope if works for you guys if you decide to try it!

Haha, seriously?! I tried this product. I still have about half a tube, in fact. It did absolutely nothing for my redmarks. I tried Aveeno for a while but I don't think their products are for me... the only one that really worked well for me was their Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser... and also their Skin Brightening Daily treatment (small 1oz. tube). But these are the only two that did what they claimed for me, and I've tried a TON of Aveeno products. They are also extremely over-priced for the tiny 1-oz tube that many of their products come in - including the one this post is about.

I'm shocked to hear this works well on your redmarks, because I bought it for that exact purpose, and it really did NOTHING. This was a long time ago too, so my redmarks weren't even that old.

Anyone considering buying this should note that its active ingredient that is supposed to help with redmarks is 1% Salicylic Acid (SA). When I realized this, I wasn't surprised that it didn't work for me, because how could such a low concentration of SA help? And SA doesn't really work on me anyway. So just keep in mind that SA is the active ingredient.

Also Aveeno probably thinks that the soy (in all their products) will help with redmarks... they are pretty ridiculous in their claims about the wonders of soy.... every product they have, whether it's for discoloration, unwanted hair, etc.... they claim the soy will make all of those problems go away. lol.

I WISH this product worked for me! How many times a day did you use it, and for how long, to see your great results? I *might* give it another try since I did give up on it pretty quickly, but I don't see how the 1% SA can be that effective.

seems like alot of ppl don't like it and form what they say works better on ppl in their 30's .. 15$ + tax for a 1oz bottle of anything to me sounds over priced and not worth it. Maybe it will work for some but I don't want to waste my money and regret it ... also almost all the comments say it is thick and heavy which isn't good for adolescent or young adult skin bc our skin is generally more oilier so it would probobly look a little greasy when applied.

Aveenos info for this blemish/redmark treatment sounds absolutely perfect doesn't it .. sounds like a miracle product ... its too bad these companies aren't actually trying to fix our problem I think they just put what sounds nice on it so we buy it. I wonder why there are hardly any products tho for redmarks.