Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewJ

Interactions with Restylane?

I have had two fraxels and think its a good treatment, but have had to put it off due to the five day downtime and high cost. I am on tazorac now to hopefully clear out my pores and reduce scarring somewhat but decided that even a temporary solution is better than nothing so I got Restylane done today.

I am very pleased with the sunken area on my cheek which was present due to several rolling scars/icepicks. It has restored the skin to the proper level, although the skin texture is not improved any.

My question is, what would happen if I put Retinoids (Tazorac) on my face as I read that they absorb water, while the restylane holds its effect by retaining water? Also, as the restylane is slowly re-absorbed by the body, would the Tazorac help refill this by building collagen at a similar, slow pace?

Lastly, is it safe to get Fraxel during or shortly after a filler runs its course? (Floridaguy if you can provide any information as I have heard you talk about fillers and fraxel together).

despite not having improved texture on your cheek, does it look better b/c it's filled in?

Its too early to tell what it will look like for the next six months because there is still swelling, but given that you can inject variable amounts of filler, if it can look like it does presently I am happy enough and will continue to get it re-filled every 4-6 months.

While I would like my scars gone forever and will still persue that route (ie the questions about fraxel and tazorac), I dont mind paying $250 every 4-6 months to have them temporarily 90% better in terms of contour.

despite not having improved texture on your cheek, does it look better b/c it's filled in?

Its too early to tell what it will look like for the next six months because there is still swelling, but given that you can inject variable amounts of filler, if it can look like it does presently I am happy enough and will continue to get it re-filled every 4-6 months.

While I would like my scars gone forever and will still persue that route (ie the questions about fraxel and tazorac), I dont mind paying $250 every 4-6 months to have them temporarily 90% better in terms of contour.

i totally agree on not minding paying the money to maintain the filler. i understand that you cant really predict b/c of swelling but you did say that the texture is still bad on the surface. it seems like you're saying though that despite the texture being bad, you still got what you consider to be a big improvement b/c the contour is better. am i correct?

i'm doing a few laser things right now to try to get the collagen to fill in on my cheeks before doing filler. after we see what the results with this are (its non ablative) we will then do filler to fill it up the remainder.

i have scars on my cheeks that i'm pretty sure will be VASTLY improved if i can fill the skin below it is the reason i'm curious to know.

The reason the scar looked so bad, (I have other scars which dont bother me nearly as much) is because its a a couple rolling scars with an icepick in the bottom part of it, so it creates this kind of big indention on my cheek. With the filler in, the indention is gone, but I still have the scarred epidermal skin (which is also still discolored since its less than 6 months old) so while my skin doesnt look like porcelain now, it at least looks level--ie the contours are where they should be. Hope that makes sense.

I think that if down the line fraxel or tazorac can correct the surface texture (tone, pore size, etc.) that the fillers can provide the structural (dermal) changes to make the scars pretty improved.

Right now im just happy that I woke up with a huge indention on my face, and am going to be waking up the next few months without it :D

My question is, what would happen if I put Retinoids (Tazorac) on my face as I read that they absorb water, while the restylane holds its effect by retaining water? Also, as the restylane is slowly re-absorbed by the body, would the Tazorac help refill this by building collagen at a similar, slow pace?

Lastly, is it safe to get Fraxel during or shortly after a filler runs its course? (Floridaguy if you can provide any information as I have heard you talk about fillers and fraxel together).

Those are damn good questions, and personally, I would ask a derm or a plastic surgeon.