Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nho1993

ACCUTANE

Your skin looks really oily there (it might be the light lol...) but have you tried anything else? your acne overall is not that bad and it could heal up if you tried something like BP gel, or antibiotics...

i would try some benzoyl peroxide, oral antibiotics, and retin 2 before the accutane. your skin isn t really that bad, and will probably clear up with e few lees exepnsive, less toxic products.

my skin is very oily, im currently using a natrual product using australian sandlewood, it works a bit not the improvement i want

hey

i think ur skin looks oily....i think u shd see a derm...ur acne doesnt look severe or anything......

i think u shd first get a good cleanser and try some BP(its better if u have a doc look at it though)

but u do need a good cleanser....and accutane is jus for severe cases...mild to moderate cases also but only if ur skin has not responded to topical creams.....i tried the topical creams for like a yr and a half and i got major improvements....but i always did something wrong to f*** my skin......so im on roaccutane now....and hoping for the best

best of luck to ya

always did something wrong to f*** my skin......so im on roaccutane now....and hoping for the best

best of luck to ya

i always had a habbit of popping and peeling my white heads that amd e me worse but ive been good now, havnt popped 1 white head in 2 weeks

dude..i pierced my nose....put all the creams possible to make it all the more oily...got it infected......old story...just looking fwd to new results......now......

just crossing my fingers :)

my skin is very oily, im currently using a natrual product using australian sandlewood, it works a bit not the improvement i want

how old are u...my skin is also oily and inflammed my derm gave me tetra and bp with diiferin didint do much...then he asks me if I wanted to try accutane I was shocked...I will know tomorrow...but i'm scared as hell but he thinks it will help me and he told me I am 21 so i shouldnt deal with this anymore?

Guest flutistgurl26

I would reccommend seeing a dermatologist. If you are interested in Accutane you can discuss that there. I'm am currently taking Accutane and I am almost entirely clear. I used to have horrible acne. SEE A DERMATOLOGIST!! :)

I think you should definitely go on Accutane. If you wait too long, you will end up with lots of scars that you will spend the rest of your life trying to get rid of (see the scar message board). Just do it - you will be glad you did.

FYI, when you go to a derm, typically they will put you on all sorts of other medications before Accutane. Just keep being persistent and they will eventually prescribe it for you (or see if you can go to the same doc as your brother -maybe they will skip all the stuff that doesn't work).

Good luck!

in my opinion - depending on the derm you see - you're a candidate for accutane but only if you've tried a sufficient amount of anti-biotics. if you haven't then give them a go first. i would say if anti-biotics haven't cleared you by christmas then you'll be on accutane this time next year.

make an appointment with a derm and do what s/he says. they know best.

there's no question that accutane will clear you though. looking at your picture, you're far from severe and the oily skin you clearly have is what accutane thrives on.

I would try other things first. Accutane can have nasty, long-term side-effects ...so if you can clear yourself up by other methods, try those first. Just remember to allow at least a month on any regimen before giving it up.