Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ant24

$$$ Point of View with Accutane

Ive read on here that without insurance, accutane will cost a total of about $2500-$3000. This sounds like a lot of money when u first look at it.

Now lets say the treatment works, you're $3000 poorer but have to spend nothing on acne products for the rest of your life (hopefully).

If you dont go on accutane, lets say u spend an average of $40 a month on topical products over a period of 10 years (12 yrs-22 yrs, just making an estimate). Do the math

40($)x12(months)x10(years)=A grand total of $4800

This may vary greatly by the amount u spend, how long ur acne lasted, etc.

But as you can see in the long run you are spending more money not using accutane because of the consistent $$$ you have to spend on your acne. Yes, accutane will be a big financial hit (w/o insurance) in the short term, but in the long run itll save you money.

Just putting it in perspective for you out there not wanting to spend too much on your acne

I don't know where you got that price of $2500-$3000 but I just bought my first month worth of accutane tablets and it cost me only $115 Canadian $$, and that's without insurance coverage.

You people keep forgetting that it COSTS MONEY to go for your monthly visits AND to get bloodwork done. On top of that, you have to fill your prescription. It does end up costing between $2500-$3000...give or take a few!

You people keep forgetting that it COSTS MONEY to go for your monthly visits AND to get bloodwork done. On top of that, you have to fill your prescription. It does end up costing between $2500-$3000...give or take a few!

i think this must be the price without insurance. my insurance is kind of crappy, but making use of the student health clinic at school, accutane and bloodwork costs me only $30 per month. without insurance, it would be $$720 a month!

i think this must be the price without insurance. my insurance is kind of crappy, but making use of the student health clinic at school, accutane and bloodwork costs me only $30 per month. without insurance, it would be $$720 a month!

Are you in school in the U.S.? I wondered if I would have been able to get the dr. at the health clinic to prescribe accutane :think: I never asked though!