Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CAMPBELLS

Cleanser/Wash breaking you out?

Anyone think it's possible that a cleanser might be able to break you out? For a while I wasn't using a cleanser at all and just washing my face with water. I don't even think I was using BP for a few months either. I was pretty damn clear and happy with my skin. I got a small breakout and freaked out so I thought I'd try the regimen again and now my face is worse than its been for a long time. There are two variables here that I think might be causing it...it's either the new batch of BP Gel (I've got the ones with more preservatives still) or the Cetaphil normal to oily skin cleanser. Could it possible be the cleanser? Maybe irritating my skin and causing it to break out more? I have no clue. Thoughts anyone?

I'm thinking of stopping the cleanser, spot treating the breakout I had, and see if it'll clear up but I just hope I don't make it worse doing this.

Also anyone with mild acne stop using a cleanser and BP and clear up pretty good? It's winter here and I was pretty clear without using anything but since I started the regimen again I just seem to be breaking out more. Wondering if I'm just irritating my skin with all the products. I hate to be experimental and possible make it worse, but looks like I'll have to take the chance.

The cetaphil normal to oily made my skin too dry, I started to clear up when I started using cetaphil gentle face wash. Sounds like you have sensitive skin...if you do...try products that are more gentle on your skin! I just use BP as a spot treatment.

I used a cleanser/moisturizer combo that not only broke me out all over but it burnt my skin (fairly badly in one area) it really destroyed my face.. then i switched to a sensitive skin combo (dove) which didnt really break me out but I wasn't improving. In the last two days I havent touched my face and voila my burn is finally healing properly (its been a week) and I dont see -one- new zit. Keep in mind I was clear for like 4 years before this. I think it really depends on your skin type and its worth trying different things. Personally im 24 and I dont have a hormonal problem so I really shouldnt be aggrivating my skin with harsh acid products, ive learnt my lesson.

You need to use a cleanser that does not completely dry your skin and kill it...otherwise you will breakout. You need to buy a cleanser that is close to PH balance. Purpose Cleanser comes to mind.

Alright thanks for the replys all. The cetaphil doesn't seem to make my face extremely dry or anything but it's one of the only things I've changed so I'm thinking it's gotta be that. I'll try one of your suggestions for a new cleaner. Thanks much.