Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
reckoning_mike

what do YOU think about other people with acne?

what do you think when you talk to other people with acne? does it bother you? do you stare? maybe you dont even notice it?

personally, its just something i never think about... i do notice it, but it doesnt bother me at all.

the girl i love more than anything has them occasionally, and i have to say i couldnt care less!

[ :clap::clap::clap: Good on you ! wot should it matter if someone has spots on there face it does not change who they are . I dont even notice when im talking to someone if they have clear skin or not im to busy listening to wot they are saying!

I only notice it if it is quite red and scabby. I can't help but look away or they'll notice I'm lookin at their acne and not them.

i'm actually more obsessed with other people with acne and/or scars than with perfect skin. i want to see that there are other people whom i find attractive who have imperfect skin. i see a lot of them where i live, which is reassuring.

It seems like I am the only person with acne at my highschool....

Over 2000 other students go to my highschool.. alot of great looking people..

In some strange way talking to someone with acne makes me feel a little better, like they can relate to me and I can relate to them. I notice acne just because I'm so aware of my own, but it doesn't bother me or turn me away if another person has it.

I always notice how people's skin looks cause I'm like obsessed with skin now and I start comparing their skin to mine in my head. It doesn't bother me or anything I just feel bad that they have to go through it too tho some people have it and seem not to care at all.

I just feel really sorry for them because I know what they're going through. Sometimes when I see people with acne I think.. 'hmm I wonder if they are one the messageboards at the .org?

In some strange way talking to someone with acne makes me feel a little better, like they can relate to me and I can relate to them. I notice acne just because I'm so aware of my own, but it doesn't bother me or turn me away if another person has it.

I always notice how people's skin looks cause I'm like obsessed with skin now and I start comparing their skin to mine in my head. It doesn't bother me or anything I just feel bad that they have to go through it too tho some people have it and seem not to care at all.

I just feel really sorry for them because I know what they're going through. Sometimes when I see people with acne I think.. 'hmm I wonder if they are one the messageboards at the .org?

I think all of this.

Guest Akira

what do you think when you talk to other people with acne? does it bother you? do you stare? maybe you dont even notice it?

personally, its just something i never think about... i do notice it, but it doesnt bother me at all.

the girl i love more than anything has them occasionally, and i have to say i couldnt care less!

My girlfriend got a few nasty spots the other day, and she has perfectly clear skin most of the time and she got in a big strop about it, it didn't bother me at all, however it did annoy me when she was complaining about it practically all day for 3 days. I didn't say anything as i love her and i know it sucks balls, but seriously, any one of us would give an arm and a leg for her skin.

Whenever i see someone with severe acne i want to ask them what they're doing to treat it? But i never do as i don't want to upset them, as i know i hated any attention directed at me, even if it wasn't about my acne.

When I see someone with acne, I dont look at their actual skin that much. I observe their body language.. I read their facial expressions. I want to see how they actually feel in their skin. When I see that person living the life with acne, having fun.. I get a little shot of adrenaline for the day. :)

I feel sorry for people with severe acne.

Otherwise, I examine their skin but don't give a damn in the end.

Guest Tenshi

it doesnt bother me..i know ill have a little look because of my obsession with my own acne/face growing up..but nah, no big deal at all...

I notice people's acne way more now that I have it myself. I kinda notice their body language, and try to see if they lack self confidence. The coolest thing is when I see a kid with acne who acts like he/she's the hottest motherf*cker out there. I think it's so cool when I can tell it doesn't get to them (I see this way more with guys than girls).

I also can't help but wonder if they obsess over it the way i do. I wonder what their using, and I even wonder if they post here.......

Guest Tenshi

I notice people's acne way more now that I have it myself. I kinda notice their body language, and try to see if they lack self confidence. The coolest thing is when I see a kid with acne who acts like he/she's the hottest motherf*cker out there. I think it's so cool when I can tell it doesn't get to them (I see this way more with guys than girls).

I also can't help but wonder if they obsess over it the way i do. I wonder what their using, and I even wonder if they post here.......

which should give ppl a clue to start getting out and about, instead of stuck in the house with acne..like i used to do when i was a teen.. ppl will respect u more and u will be more likeable, gain more confidence if u are happy with yourself.. like a guy once said to me, the sexiest thing about a woman is seeing a woman having fun in public..it looks confident and likeable.

which should give ppl a clue to start getting out and about, instead of stuck in the house with acne..like i used to do when i was a teen.. ppl will respect u more and u will be more likeable, gain more confidence if u are happy with yourself.. like a guy once said to me, the sexiest thing about a woman is seeing a woman having fun in public..it looks confident and likeable.

Do you wear makeup when you're out having fun?

It depends on what I'm doing. If I just go to a bar or club with some friends, then I might spot cover if I have bad redmarks and throw on a little mascara...If I'm at a wedding or something really important, then I'll actually put a whole face of makeup on, but this is rare and only happens a few times a year. If I'm just hanging out at a friends house, probably not....I don't feel like I need to wear makeup all the time...

I hardly ever wear makeuop around my boyfriend. He was just bitching to me about me not wearing makeup yesterday. He said I should wear foundation more because my skin looks better when I do (I have some very mild scarring and fading redmarks). I told him to kiss my ass....at least I shave my legs and bikini line....and I work out....so I'm not a hairy fat ass....I told him to get laser treatment or dermabrasion for his scars (he was mauled by a dog as a kid). He said they're different because they're not acne scars...and it's okay because he's a guy anyway. I think that bugged him a little, but I don't care cuz it was mean to point out my scars (he thought it was funny until I pointed out his big ol' scars)....so both we spent the rest of the day sulking....

I am not even going to front and lie but acne scarring and acne in general disgusts me. i think its ugly and unattractive.

But it really depends on the severity obviously. I just dont like. its the fucking scourge of the earth. fucking hate it.

When I see someone with acne, I dont look at their actual skin that much. I observe their body language.. I read their facial expressions. I want to see how they actually feel in their skin. When I see that person living the life with acne, having fun.. I get a little shot of adrenaline for the day. :)

I love when a woman has at least a little acne or something. Something that can be viewed as a physical flaw. To me, those women are the epitome of beautiful. I guess it's a bit odd...but when I notice someone with acne, or some kind of flaw in general, I always find myself a bit enfatuated with how they carry themselves, and the personality that radiates through them. I like when I can tell that because of something on the outside bothers someone, that it effects them on the inside too. Makes them seem human...and not just like androids or something. That's what attracts me to people. I couldn't be with someone who is the least bit...I guess "perfect" looking. It's unnatural.

I'm sure they don't want my pity, but I find it hard not to feel bad for them, especially if their acne is servere.

My acne was Moderate as a teen and it totally destroyed and consumed me at the time, now luckily its mild, I guess I just feel a great deal of empathy when I see a stranger walk past with acne.