Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BHA765

Salicylic Acid or Benzoyl Peroxide

Which has worked better for you? If you don't use either one, feel free to put down whatever you use as an alternative.

Benzoyl Peroxide. I can't ever remember salicylic acid ever having any effect on my acne whatsoever. I tried Murad once, and it did bring a lot of crap to the surface, so I guess it was kinda working, but I got a reaction to it, so I had to stop using it (I was glad to stop actually). I went to a derm and got some retin-a micro and duac gel (which contains BP) and that helped a lot....

BP. SA only made my face tight and red. BP helped for a while, but it was too much of a hassle. now im on the Tane. Check out my log :)

i use both, a salicylic acid exfoliating scrub to open the pores and exfoliate and then a BP wash after to fight the acne

Don't know about BP or salicyclic acid, but how about detoxing and getting rid of acne at the source? That always works for me - plus it's loads cheaper and much more skin friendly way.

Seppo

BP works better. I get Irritation with SA. I have been using Duac prescribed by my doctor. I think it contains about 5% of BP. Works great. ;)

beentheredonethat, I'd really like to hear about your experiences in detoxing to clear up your acne. I know that it has always worked fabulously for me. What have you tried? If you tried Acne Free in 3 Days methods then you might want to try something else. They are quite light-duty for severe acne.

aspirin masks are very similar to SA and i like those, but i wouldn't buy an SA product.

I've been using BP on and off for a year and I think it's safe to say that it doesn't work for me. I've developed exzema on my forehead and neck and the pimples just keep coming. They seem a lot worse, in fact.

I have used SA products in the past and they seemed to work at drying out my pimples, whereas BP doesn't seem to do that, regardless of the strength? BP just seems to make my pimples redder and redder but they never actually go way. SA flattens out my pimples and unclogs my pores.

I guess I'm the minority here?