Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BHA765

Can anyone tell me what this IS?

I have this red/pink/purple? bump on my shoulder... and it has been there for around 2 years! It's always bothered me somewhat, but I have body acne so it never really got to me anymore than that did as a whole. But now that I found this site I I wonder if anyone can tell me what it is. Due to the crappy camera, the pictures aren't too great. It's not huge or anything, but it's raised and soft yet hard, if that makes sense. When I touch it it's soft, but I can feel it's somewhat hard inside. It's got this white kind of color down the middle of it too a little bit. I know it's not a pimple, maybe it's the aftermath of one though? I don't know... can anyone tell me what exactly this is?

post-37339-1141024589_thumb.jpg

post-37339-1141024603_thumb.jpg

post-37339-1141025032_thumb.jpg

post-37339-1141024589_thumb.jpg

post-37339-1141024603_thumb.jpg

post-37339-1141025032_thumb.jpg

I have this red/pink/purple? bump on my shoulder... and it has been there for around 2 years! It's always bothered me somewhat, but I have body acne so it never really got to me anymore than that did as a whole. But now that I found this site I I wonder if anyone can tell me what it is. Due to the crappy camera, the pictures aren't too great. It's not huge or anything, but it's raised and soft yet hard, if that makes sense. When I touch it it's soft, but I can feel it's somewhat hard inside. It's got this white kind of color down the middle of it too a little bit. I know it's not a pimple, maybe it's the aftermath of one though? I don't know... can anyone tell me what exactly this is?

Wow, never seen anything like that before. If it's been there a while and it isn't in a pimpe-prone area, I would get it checked out, but then again I can be a hypochondriac.

The pictures are kind of blurry so it's hard to tell. But it looks like you have a cyst that keeps getting aggrivated and infected. I could be wrong, that's just what it looks like and the fact that you've had it for so long. In any case, get yourself to a derm or surgeon and they can probably take care of that for you in about a half an hour.

The pic is kinda blurry, but it looks like a cyst. Is it always that inflamed or does it shrink down and then flare up every once in a while? I have had one on my back for several years. Usually it is just a small lump under my skin and then every couple of years it swells up like that and after a while if I squeeze it slightly, it bursts. Basically like a HUGE whitehead. You might want to get checked by the Dr. just to make sure, but if that is what it is, it isn't really a big deal. If it bothers you, you can have it surgically removed.

This definately looks like a keloid. I have some which were greatly reduced by painless, insurance covered cortisone injections done by my derm in office.

its a keloid! i have some too. they never go away but do flatten with injections. i started injections almost 7 months ago and mine are still there. although i did hear that injections sometimes makes grow back a bit bigger because you are redamaging the tissue that your body will have to heal with each poke of the needle.

It's a hypertrophic or keloid scar. I have them on my back, too. Mine became flatter (or atrophic) with kenalog injections, but the redness is still very much there. Don't know if they will ever go away or become less noticable...I've tried nearly everything in the book....