Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cub

Loggage

Decided to start a log too. Little about me: I'm 21 female and have had acne for a few years now. Last year, I tried the Acne Getaway 101E (some Chinese herbal product thing) and surprisingly enough, it worked! But it didnt last long, and I started to break out again. I'm not sure how I would categorize my acne.. I think I'm mild to moderate but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I came across acne.org and read all the success stories and saw some progress pictures, and thought I'd give it a try.

I'm desparate to get rid of my acne once and for all, and recently I've had more reason to do so. See, I'm a student at a school of pharmacy and we learn a lot about antibiotics. Last week, I had to sit through a lab session discussing topical products and it was so terrible having to sit there with my classmates listening to the prof talk about acne... I felt my face getting red from embarrassment - it was terrible! :cry:

Next quarter, I have to take an entire class just on antibiotics!... and I don't want to suffer through another experience like that again.

Plus, this weekend while at work (at a pharmacy), some of the pharmacists were talking about a patient with an acne problem. I wasn't part of the conversation and I made sure to stay out of it. It was uncomfortable for me to have to stand there listening to them talk about it :(

Sigh~ Maybe I chose the wrong profession :confused: ............. But I don't want my acne to keep me from reaching my goals. Because pharmacy is really what I want to do. But its so depressing every time the topic of acne comes up - and it comes up often! (Or maybe not, but I just pick up on it every time and blow it out of proportion in my head.. I dont know....)

Ok, so to solve my problem, I decided to start the Clear Skin Regimen. I've ordered all the necessary products online a few days ago, and they should be arriving tomrrow (crossing fingers). I really really hope this will work for me. PLEEEEAASSSE!!!!!

I'll keep updating as much as I can, and hopefully I will read back on this in a few months and be able to smile in reflection while enjoying my new clear skin.

Thanks for reading :)

hi Cub and welcome!

I wanted to wish you luck with the Regimen. Don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions, I'm celebrating my one-year-Regimen-anniversary this week!

There is also alot of support in The Regimen Forum, if you have any questions you can post there also.

good luck!

Thanks Brandy :)

Alright! So all my products arrived today.

I got:

Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser

CSR Gel

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer (spf 15)

I hope these work for me. I start tonight, so I guess this is Day 1...?

Haha. Not much to update with since I haven't really started :P

So I'll be back with more updates later.

What day is it? 4? 5?

Soooo... I've been following the regimen, twice daily, using about a third of a finger of bp on each half of my face (bottom and top).

I can't really tell if my face is getting better. Sometimes I look in the mirror and it seems like it's just the same as always. Other times it seems like its getting a bit better.

What I do know though is that its not getting any worse! Yay! :dance:

The area around my mouth experiences the most dryness. It gets kind of flakey during the day, and that sucks.... I guess I should start carrying around some moisturizer with me so I can apply some during the day...?

Another problem I have is my oily skin. Why is my face so oily?!?? Argh.. it's really annoying. It's not from this regimen or anything, because it's always been that way. So... I dont know what to do about it. But right now, I'm focusing on getting rid of my acne. Then I'll worry about this problem, I guess...

Oh yeah, and.. my face seems to be really red. Well, not like RED RED, but just a lot darker with a reddish tone (if that makes any sense...) It actually looks kind of like a nice tan.. but the only problem is, the rest of me is so darn pale :wall: So it looks kind of weird with my "tan" face and "pale" neck.. EEEEK! I hope this redness fades soon.. it does go away right?

But like I said, my face is not getting any worse!! So I'm trudging on :whistle:

my skin is oily too, I rely on pressed powder and blotting sheets/napkins.

And yea, I do carry a bottle of moisturizer in my purse, just in case of random flakes or dryness when I am away from home.

sounds like you are off to a good start!