Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
megaman123

Oily/Shiny face

I used to have problems with acne but eventually as i got older it went away...but now i'm left with a very oily face, you can tell that my face is shiny all the time. when i wash i'm not oily but after an hour or so i start to become very oily and shiny and i find it very unattractive. does anyone know if theres any type of pill, or any type of medication that will prevent my face from becoming so oily and shiny? I use those clean and clear oil absorbing sheets but i dont want to have to use these because most people never have these problems and i figured it could be preventable from happening in the first place. any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated..thanks

try, after washing your face, moisturzing right away. This helps me. Also, u can use oc8 product. it works well because its particles absorb oil, but expensive. Hope this helps

try, after washing your face, moisturzing right away. This helps me. Also, u can use oc8 product. it works well because its particles absorb oil, but expensive. Hope this helps

i've never heard of this oc8 stuff...

theres got to be some kind of antibiotic that decreases the oil glands on your face. this must be a looked at problem by lots of people. does anyone know any other ways to get rid of it? or decrease the oil/shine permanently?

Look in the red mark section and look up Jessica Exfoliation. It consist of using a synthetic brush to exfoliate releieving that oily look. I just recommended it to another person with almost the same problem.

If you use tissue to blot the excess oil, does that not help? have you tried?

If my face gets slightly oily througtout the day, I'll just gentle dab is with tissue and all is well again.

Certain moisturisers help control the shine, as mentioned oc8, which isn't bad.

Look in the red mark section and look up Jessica Exfoliation. It consist of using a synthetic brush to exfoliate releieving that oily look. I just recommended it to another person with almost the same problem.

what kind of synthetic brush do i buy though? i'm going to try this but i want to make sure i get the right brush...

this is a way...but it can be quite dangerous....taking 10-20g of vitamin b5 a day. This reduces oil secretion but please do some reasearch before doing this..