Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
princess_nannan

hydroquinone products

Which hydroquinone products have you all used with good results? I tried looking at the drugstore but it seemed like so many of them had pore-clogging ingredients on the labels so I was afraid to try them, or they came in "kits" where they throw in some standard cleanser and toner so they can charge you $40 when all you need is the lotion.

i use that as well. Do you notice that the smell is so strong that your eyes start burning a little. When I use it during the daytime, My eyes are always stinging, so I only use it at night now when I'm asleep.

i use that as well. Do you notice that the smell is so strong that your eyes start burning a little. When I use it during the daytime, My eyes are always stinging, so I only use it at night now when I'm asleep.

no i dont have any problems with it..

palmers or nadinola.

go to a black beauty supply shop, and either browse or ask them for advice on fading dark marks on your skin, apparently black people tend to have this problem more often than whites so they make more products for it.

i used one with ingredients i thought would be pore clogging and i thought it would break me out but it didnt. try it and if it breaks you out, stop using it. you'll never know until you try and think how great mark free skin would be.

proactiv skin lightening lotion... i think it works a little bit.

Where can I buy that from? And how much is it? I'm at proactiv.com but I can only see where to buy the 3 step system -- I don't see anything about their other products.

I just started using Black Opal Fade Gel. I like it alot. I have tried the Proactiv one a few years ago but I didn't use it long enough to see results. I have used Nadinola and Palmers before as well. I didn't use Nadinola that long either, but I used Palmers for awhile. It really does work, but it was too greasy for me, that's why I like Black Opal because it's a gel.

I am currently using a 4% prescription, Dermesse. It really works great, and I am only starting my second week. I use it every other night (in combination with Tretinoin, which is said to work well with it) and I only apply it to the spots that need it. I'll be uploading photos to my gallery soon if you want to see the results for yourself. It was pretty pricey though, it cost $54.00 plus tax. I'm not sure what your complexion is like, but they say it is suited mainly for those with pale complexions.

i'm using murad age spot and hyperpigmentation skin lightener and it's working quite well :)

I alternate between 3 fading products:

1) Dermaclear from www.dermaclear.com (has BHA and hydroquinone). It is a liquid consistency so it does not clog pores.

2) Fading Fluid from Serious Skin Care found on www.hsn.com It also contains BHA and has a liquid consistency so it does not cause breakouts.

3) Lumitone HP from www.aloette.com. It is a lotion and uses an extract from a flower instead of hydroquinone.

I used acnefrees' red mark remover. After just the first night I noticed amazing results. I never had a problem with it breaking me out and it only cost around 14.00. There was so much in there that I shared it with my brother and we both got rid of our red marks.

I used acnefrees' red mark remover. After just the first night I noticed amazing results. I never had a problem with it breaking me out and it only cost around 14.00. There was so much in there that I shared it with my brother and we both got rid of our red marks.

wow, awesome megan. did you notice that when you just put it on the spots, those spots were lighter than the rest of your face?

wow, awesome megan. did you notice that when you just put it on the spots, those spots were lighter than the rest of your face?

no not lighter than the rest of my face. it was really a cure all, i didnt however use the moisturizer that came with it. I like more gel/lighter types and the one that came with it not only smelled like sunscreen but it was just so goopy and thick that it clumpped and rubbed off of my face. But my brother really liked it, i guess it was only an issue when applying make up.