Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I lost weight in the past year. I quit smoking. I kept on losing the weight. I was starting to look good.

Then I lost jobs. Jobs did not work out. I am out of work again. I have a family. I see scars that are tormenting me... TORMENTING ME! I have a family member who can't stand me anymore. I used to be the closest to this person. Antoher family member has to go for medical tests. All of this and no release. I'm waitig for a check from a shithead client. No check yet. No money coming in. No more clients. Out of work.

AND I AM EATINNG LIKE A PIG! WHY AM I EATING LIKE A PIG?

I don't like the cold weather. I HATE THE COLD WEATHER.

And I am EATING JUNK FOOD!

I have to vent. :wall:

Guest Tenshi

ur obviously bored or emotional..i am doing the same thing. my mum just came back from overseas and gave me 3 large toblerones.. i already ate 1.. :sick: and 3 other chocolate bars.. then when i go to get a drink, i never seem to reach for water anymore..i always used to drink water, water, water......and now ill go for the choc milk or coke....its terrible.. i guess it just feels good..but apparently it just fuels depression.. right now its summer, i should get outside.. i hate the cold weather too..its unmotivating.. but u could always do some exercise to some music in ur lounge..

I over eat when I get down too. I have freinds who say they go off food when they are down.. I'm the opposite! I hat eit. I'm so depressed about my scars atthe moment..It's 3am and I can't sleep....I know my scar hold me back..

I joined a gym with a friend today ...cause I want to get fit...but all I can think is how bad my skin will look with my hair tied back..and no makeup.

..and swimmin.. well I on;y go if I know there's going to be no-one there I know.. like at really quiet times...etc

I'm so down about my scars....it stops me enjoying summer expecially...whereas normal people can feel the uplifting effect of the sun.. I become more withdrawn because of how bad my skin looks in the bright sun!

hook up eletrical circuits to your genitals and everytime you eat have them shock you, thats how i stopped eating junk food.

AHHHHH SAID LIKE A 16 YEAR OLD. :clap:

there was a hidden message behind that, what im trying to say is that everytime you eat something bad, punish yourself.

Guest Tenshi

hook up eletrical circuits to your genitals and everytime you eat have them shock you, thats how i stopped eating junk food.

AHHHHH SAID LIKE A 16 YEAR OLD. :clap:

there was a hidden message behind that, what im trying to say is that everytime you eat something bad, punish yourself.

it sucks when ppl use age against u.. now im 25 ive kinda grown out of that now..i dont get that 'u dont know what ur tlaking about' stuff anymore..

Well one thing that may help is to not have the food around or have food that you would feel guilty about eating. Having food around, even though you know you shouldn't eat it, might still be tempting to go for. Keep healthier foods around if you feel like having something to eat.

Besides that, I learned that you can go through a lot of pain eating too much stuff that is bad for your teeth. You should think about how it effects your teeth also because you don't want to have to go through the more difficult way of learning afterward. Hope this can help.

when i know that i might over eat on something I put a ton of salt and pepper or hot sauce on it after I have eatne a nomal amount with out the gross toppings.

it always stops me from eating more than i should

why are you eating? You alreayd mentioned why with all your problems as mentioned in your first post.

Eating makes you feel better. If this eating isn't detrimenting your health its not a problem. But if you want to keep your weight steady it is obviously a problem.

What do you enjoy, because in essence eating is a way to cope. What else makes you feel better?

i eat really good when i dont look at my skin a lot.. but once i start really looking at it i get pissed and eat bad.. i dont think ill ever be able to eat healthy all the time until im happy with my skin.

Eating makes you feel good...releases all kinds of feel good chemicals in your brain...DOPAMINE....same reason that drugs and alcohol are so addictive...I would replace food with working out...just a different way to get the same type of high! haha!

if you feel like you want to eat something junky, impose a 30 minute waiting period. if you still want it after that well then nothings going to stop you, but chances are you'll have either realized it's a bad idea, lost your taste for it, or forgotten and found something else to do but eat.

It might be worth a shot to examine the emotional issues causing you to overeat. Dealing with the symptoms (the actual overeating) is a good thing, but will do little good if you don't take care of what's behind it.