Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chris338877

benzoyl peroxide and accutane?

Don't use BP at all while on accutane. It will only further dry out your skin and it's use is unnecessary while on accutane. Only wash with a mild soap/cleanser such as cetaphil or dove.

You can use BP at the beginning of your course, but not through the entire course. After the first week or two only apply it to trouble areas. Afterwards just use it as spot-treatment. If you use it too much, your face will go beat red.

I am one in a half months in and put it all over my face every night, no problems yet.

I am one in a half months in and put it all over my face every night, no problems yet.

interesting.. i'll give it a shot. i'm only 3-4 days in but i got a few new pimples cause i stopped bp :(

after about 10 days on accutane it was obvious for me that i couldnt use both at the same time - because it BURNED!

i strongly advise against using both at the same time

I used it once a night along with Accutane for about 6 weeks as per the BP Regimen guidelines.

I definately think it helped with the initial breakout (helped prevent it no doubt) and I didn't experience any overdrying or burning sensations. It was a great combo. However, unlike AmberLynn I cut it out for good on the 6th week as how on earth can you tell whether it's the BP OR ACCUTANE working when you use them both together - stupid idea!

Try it for the first few weeks, once you get dry or are happy that you're through the worst of the first breakout (if you get one), then cut it out completely.

Good luck.

However, unlike AmberLynn I cut it out for good on the 6th week as how on earth can you tell whether it's the BP OR ACCUTANE working when you use them both together - stupid idea!

i dont care what it is that's working! as long as my face is getting better :)