Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bobby27

Acne scar Advice Help!!!

[attachmentid=3688]Hello everyone, I've been having cystic acne problems since I was 13 and am now 16. I took accutane when I was 14 and it took away most of the major cysts, They came back though but not as severe. My question is what type of scars do I have and what is the best procedure to minimize them or take them away completely.How much improvement can I expect from the treatment? Please any advice and answers would be appreciated thank you.

post-31742-1140997471_thumb.jpg

post-31742-1140997471_thumb.jpg

I recommend leaving your skin alone for now. Even now it doesn't look that bad and your still young and should heal quite nicely. You definitely should not do anything right now as many treatments can end up scarring you further. Wait a couple of years (I know easier said than done) and the color and uneveness will smooth out.

I recommend leaving your skin alone for now. Even now it doesn't look that bad and your still young and should heal quite nicely. You definitely should not do anything right now as many treatments can end up scarring you further. Wait a couple of years (I know easier said than done) and the color and uneveness will smooth out.

Ok but what about after the acne goes away and I'm still left with these scars...What treatment would be best?And also what type of scars do I have??

I don't think people are ignoring you, but you do have to clear up your acne before you can deal with the scars. Most plastic surgeons and dermatologists would tell you the same thing. I also agree that you will see a lot of your red scars fade over time since you are only 16 and then you will have a more accurate picture of what you need to deal with.

Thanks for the response, I know I will probably have to weight a year or so but could you tell me if I have deep scars or superficial scars and also what type of scars are they? Thanks

Thanks for the response, I know I will probably have to weight a year or so but could you tell me if I have deep scars or superficial scars and also what type of scars are they? Thanks

CAN ANYBODY ANSWER ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would'nt even call that scarring. Just wait till it heals. I think you could even expect to see 100% even skin, cause I don't see anything bad there.

And if not youre scars are ones of the easiest to deal with.

Its just blotchy right now, like red marks

I am 14, and I have actual scars where its like icepicks.. but yes I have noticed that they are getting better

Plus, I had a spot where the redmark was actually purplish when I first got it, now it's a faded red and almost gone. That was about 8 months ago. I still break out but not as bad. Currently I have 4 active pimples, 3 on forehead, 1 on lip unfortunately :[

bobby27, one of my biggest regrets was not leaving my skin alone when i was your age...also worrying too much about it. Yes its embarrassing, yes its horrible and BLOODY retarded that docs havent solved a friggin better cure for this..but, accept that you have acne and accept that if you dont give up on a treatment no matter how frustrating it will eventually subside. Dont pick at your face no matter how tempting..i realise sometimes it cannot be helped..so at least follow some less damaging ways if you are going to pick or squeeze ur face. ie: always have clean hands..if the spot has a head, use a fine needle that you sterilize with alcohol or witch hazel etc and nvr push it into the spot, prick from the side. Use cotton buds or fingers covered with tissues to squeeze and not too hard. Always clean after with sterile solution and cover with a spot cream. (Can someone confirm that what i said is a viable option..as i dont wish to give bad advice) AND In NO way am i suggesting that you squeeze!!! infact im saying DONT!! but i know also sometimes if a spot looks agressive and embarrassing its hard not to. IF you cannot refrain from picking at least do it in a way which will be less damaging to your skin (ie..not as likely to create scars).

Also remember that when a spot goes away you will have a red mark for some time..the skin is still healing from the trauma..so be gentle. When your acne goes..u will have red marks for some time..these will fade (post later for tips to help them fade once ur acne has gone). Red marks do not mean scars. Deal with the acne, be gentle to your face, and wait for it to calm down then review if there is any scarring. Take one step at a time. You may even find that what you thought was scarring isnt..or v minimal.

We all know how hard it is for you, we suffered the same, all any of us can say is be patient and try not to let it get you down too much.