Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I swear, It's almost as if I know what I'm trying to think, but just can't.

For starters, I'm a loser.. I literally suck at life.

I have nothing that makes me special, or better.

I've been trying to cope with allergies and depression.

Even if there are medicines that help, I'd probaly never get a chance to see a doctor.

Alas, If I did, the whole "wah. im depressed. give me drugs plx" thing is embarrassing.

I can't shake this hopeless pessimistic feeling.

Sure, there's religion.. But I can't push myself to believe the whole "you live a happy successful life, then die and live for an eternity in a paradise, because you were a good person."

Life is miserable. you work your ass off. you die.[noonecares] youdontexist. endoffuckingstory

sorry

:|

Pessimism is good, it means you're prepared. Optimists are never prepared.

...Did you come to this forum just to troll?

You can be optimistic and still be realistic.

Your problem, and one I have sometimes, is that you're taking life as a whole too seriously. Yeah, we're born, we die, no real significance. However, the big things that happen after we die aren't significant either(from our view). Why? Because we can't perceive them as such. Because we're dead.

Just go out and enjoy life. It might take time, but we all have to accept that we can't be magical knights combating dragons with nothing but a +2 broadsword and the seven dwarves throwing rocks.

A Gentleman's Guide to Pessimism

Your problem, and one I have sometimes, is that you're taking life as a whole too seriously. Yeah, we're born, we die, no real significance. However, the big things that happen after we die aren't significant either(from our view). Why? Because we can't perceive them as such. Because we're dead.

Just go out and enjoy life. It might take time, but we all have to accept that we can't be magical knights combating dragons with nothing but a +2 broadsword and the seven dwarves throwing rocks.

Yeah you caught me, I came just to "troll". It's not a question of optimists not being realistic, it's a question of pessimists being more realistic. Life is meant to be taken seriously...tell a kid starving in Africa to, "not take life as a whole too seriously."

Yeah you caught me, I came just to "troll". It's not a question of optimists not being realistic, it's a question of pessimists being more realistic. Life is meant to be taken seriously...tell a kid starving in Africa to, "not take life as a whole too seriously."

Except a kid starving in Africa has a really big problem that threatens his survival. This guy doesn't. Plus, that kid could still be optimistic.

Pessimists aren't more realistic. Attitude really is everything. A pessimist will have a bad time and an optimist will have a good time because of their different attitudes.

Except a kid starving in Africa has a really big problem that threatens his survival. This guy doesn't. Plus, that kid could still be optimistic.

Pessimists aren't more realistic. Attitude really is everything. A pessimist will have a bad time and an optimist will have a good time because of their different attitudes.

Right, so that guy should just forget about that suffering because it doesn't directly affect him. Check.

"Attitude is everything" is a buzzphrase. Get out of your mind that pessimism equals depression, it doesn't.

Right, so that guy should just forget about that suffering because it doesn't directly affect him. Check.

"Attitude is everything" is a buzzphrase. Get out of your mind that pessimism equals depression, it doesn't.

Uh, he was never talking about the suffering of some generic kid in Africa. I find it offensive that you imply that YOUR pessimism is the same suffering as the suffering as that kid.

Attitude is everything is true. If you go to a dance thinking it will suck, guess what? It will. The opposite is also true.

When did I ever say that pessimism equals depression? Or rather, anything even along the lines of that? I've been diagnosed with clinical depression. That doesn't mean I can't TRY to have a good attitude. Even if that attitude is only because of meds.

I can see this argument isn't going to go far, what with your inability to even read the equivalent of three paragraphs. I'm out of here.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Here's some attitude for you, suck on my chocolate salty balls!

Everybody stop engaging with this "cold culture" idiot. He's been a member of this site for less than 24 hours and is only here to troll. Not to mention he has the IQ of a cucumber...

Uh, he was never talking about the suffering of some generic kid in Africa. I find it offensive that you imply that YOUR pessimism is the same suffering as the suffering as that kid.

Attitude is everything is true. If you go to a dance thinking it will suck, guess what? It will. The opposite is also true.

When did I ever say that pessimism equals depression? Or rather, anything even along the lines of that? I've been diagnosed with clinical depression. That doesn't mean I can't TRY to have a good attitude. Even if that attitude is only because of meds.

I can see this argument isn't going to go far, what with your inability to even read the equivalent of three paragraphs. I'm out of here.

Yeah, especially my inability to read three paragraphs full of bullshit. It is a buzzphrase. At the very most, you could only claim that attitude slightly filters our perceptions. Furthermore, I am sure you know that an attitude isn't some phasic thing. It's takes more to change them than by just saying, "have a good attitude." Take a psych course you pretentious blowhard.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Everybody stop engaging with this "cold culture" idiot. He's been a member of this site for less than 24 hours and is only here to troll. Not to mention he has the IQ of a cucumber...

:lol::D

You can't even retaliate with words. Forceps delivery.

Yeah, stop engaging with me everybody. Don't encourage me!

Lol, everyone hates GTO and Cold Culture.

I bet they love eachother alot, in the most manly of ways.

You think being hated by idiots would bother me? It's when smart people hate you that you have to start worrying. And judging by how you present yourself, I don't have to start worrying for a long time.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Lol, everyone hates GTO and Cold Culture.

I bet they love eachother alot, in the most manly of ways.

Yeah for sure Scorpio. Have you seen a vagina, birth excluded?

Remember now, you have the IQ of a cucumber.

I bet you don't even know what IQ stands for, much less what it measures or how it is scaled.

Yeah for sure Scorpio. Have you seen a vagina, birth excluded?

He hasn't even seen one at birth. In another post he said he was born in a tube. That poor vagina-deprived bastard.

I just thought it would be a nice gesture to remind you that your brain is equivalent to a vegetable. It has been a whole 2 seconds... I thought you may have forgotten.

I just thought it would be a nice gesture to remind you that your brain is equivalent to a vegetable. It has been a whole 2 seconds... I thought you may have forgotten.

Equivalent in what kind of way? Size? Tastiness?

As I said, I wasn't taking the argument further and I'm out of here.

That's only half true.

I see no reason to not draw more entertainment from this situation.

I bet you don't even know what IQ stands for, much less what it measures or how it is scaled

As I said, I wasn't taking the argument further and I'm out of here.

That's only half true.

I see no reason to not draw more entertainment from this situation.

I bet you don't even know what IQ stands for, much less what it measures or how it is scaled

Yeah, especially my inability to read three paragraphs full of bullshit. It is a buzzphrase. At the very most, you could only claim that attitude slightly filters our perceptions. Furthermore, I am sure you know that an attitude isn't some phasic thing. It's takes more to change them than by just saying, "have a good attitude." Take a psych course you pretentious blowhard.

Well I HAVE A QUESTION. How did you know if it was bullshit if you didn't read it? That may be why I said it might take time. Attitude IS our perception.

Example:

An optimist sees war and says: Well hey, oil prices are gonna go way down!

A pessimist sees war and says: Oh no! I BEST GO TROLL SOME INTERNET THREADS.

OUTSMARTED. FIVE POINTS TO GRYFFINDOR. I CAST MAGIC MISSLE.

It took me so long to read because I was laughing my ass off at 3 second intervals. Attitude isn't our perception, attitude is a component of it. And I'm the one that draws entertainment from all you guys buddy, in the business you're called "biters." Or even sometimes, "patsies."

Biters? Hell, no wonder you're so goddamn dyslexic. You're some kind of pseudo-Australian.

Attitude is a component of it now? WELL THEN I ASSUME IT WOULD HAVE SOME EFFECT. YOU FELL FOR MY TRAP. I PLAY FREUD IN ATTACK MODE. IT CANNOT BE BLOCKED BY THIRTEEN YEAR OLD ASPIRING PSYCHOLOGISTS.

Biters? Hell, no wonder you're so goddamn dyslexic. You're some kind of pseudo-Australian.

Attitude is a component of it now? WELL THEN I ASSUME IT WOULD HAVE SOME EFFECT. YOU FELL FOR MY TRAP. I PLAY FREUD IN ATTACK MODE. IT CANNOT BE BLOCKED BY THIRTEEN YEAR OLD ASPIRING PSYCHOLOGISTS.

What are you talking about? I said it was a component a long time ago, when I said it filtered our perceptions. Biter biter biter biter biter. The entertainment value grows.

WELLL. You said it slightly affected it, but it's now a component. I can slightly affect the general width of your cat's anus, but that doesn't mean I'm a component of it! You also mentioned that people who have a positive outlook are 85% more likely to give birth to a live elephant and 60% more likely to be murdered on the streets of LA.

Hey, if you can make up stuff, I can too!

WELLL. You said it slightly affected it, but it's now a component. I can slightly affect the general width of your cat's anus, but that doesn't mean I'm a component of it! You also mentioned that people who have a positive outlook are 85% more likely to give birth to a live elephant and 60% more likely to be murdered on the streets of LA.

Hey, if you can make up stuff, I can too!

So would you prefer I said it's a factor? And I know you can make stuff up, after all you did make up the sweeping generalization of, "attitude is everything."

My cat's anus is a tangible thing, quite separate from a psychological construct such as perception. So you can do all the cat anus widening you want, and never be an actual component of the cat's anus. But when we talk about non-anus psychological constructs, there is a hierarchical order whereby attention, motivation, and attitude are all components of the higher perception.

And you got your numbers wrong, I said people who have a positive outlook are only 50% more likely to give birth to a live elephant. Dumbass.

healthy debating is fine; bickering and arguing and name-calling are not.

Turn this thread around or I'm gonna close it folks.