Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pzk199

TEENAGE occasional breakouts also with Dry Skin

Help!!

My 13 year old daughter suffers from those monthy "occasional" break-outs BUT the problem is she has eczema and dry skin. We tried many many products which just either dried her out too much, or because of her dry skin, over moisturized her skin which caused even more break-outs!!

These products SAY they not only prevent break-outs, but also moisturize. They DID NOT! Plus, using such strong acids on such young skin really bothers me, especially when you can see how dry and peeling her skin is. Then when you don't use it, and use the moisture creams, she's over oily and breaking out anytime of the month!!

I hope so badly that someone in here can suggest a good product line for her to help her not only with a very very good moisturizer (which we all know how important that is) as well as something for the occasional break-outs.

I am so worried about her skin, and I know how important it is to take care of it at an early age, but she is so frustrted with trying all these products (usually having to use up to 5 different ones at a time).

I am so hoping there is someone out there with a similar situation with their teenager and can give us some ideas of a product she can use to not only PREVENT the "once a month break-out", but also moisturize her skin as well!

Thank you SO VERY MUCH in advance for any suggestions you may have for her!

my skin is like that i do this Regimen : by the why i am 15

How long did it take you to get your skin to the great condition it is in now??

She should try 2 different products. One to prevent the breakout and the other for the dryness.

Can you recommend any products that prevent breakouts and also dryness? Any and ALL recommendations would be very much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

read my thread called, "A new light for all of us," or click on the link in my signature. The thread is around here in this forum.

my skin is like that i do this Regimen : by the why i am 15

How long did it take you to get your skin to the great condition it is in now??

She should try 2 different products. One to prevent the breakout and the other for the dryness.

Can you recommend any products that prevent breakouts and also dryness? Any and ALL recommendations would be very much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

record time three weeks

With dry skin, its good to exfoliate the skin GENTLY because dry skin is mostly dead skin cells covering the face. The gentlest way is using a soft washcloth. After that, use a good thick moisturizer like Aveeno Daily Moisturizing lotion. I use it and it helps A TON! It doesnt look greasy and it really moisturizes. Really this is important...you have to use a good thick moisturizer.