Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My nightmare came true when I took my first train trip in India. You might like this story...

In India everybody stares at you. I'm already self-conscious enough because of my acne and scars, so being stared at relentlessly on a train for twelve hours is a bit much. So I went into the bathroom to make sure my concealer was doing its job. Before I go on, let me mention that although I'm not a big makeup fan, I've used concealer for 14 years now because, being extremely fair-skinned, my acne and scars stand out a lot without makeup. Ok, back to the story... So I get into the bathroom and lock the door. If you've ever been in the bathroom of a train in India you'll understand how difficult it is to do your business without contaminating yourself. For one thing, there's crap and urine all over the narrow walls. The toilet consists of a hole in the floor, and you can see the tracks flying beneath you. As if that's not enough, the trains are anything but smooth, and the lurching and rocking makes the endeavor of staying clean twice as difficult. So as I was saying, I get into the bathroom and start to touch up my face with my concealer, and a sudden lurch sends my concealer stick flying out of my fingers, and... you guessed it!- down the hole. Gone. This meant that I had to spend the rest of my time in India without makeup- for the first time ever! I thought that people would treat me worse, and think I was hideous, but I was really surprised. Not only did I make a ton of friends over the next couple months, but I also got lucky with a wonderful romantic relationship with a wonderful, gorgeous guy who I'm still with 2 years later. The moral of the story is this: although you might think your skin is terrible and intolerable, other people are less likely to be as critical. To be honest, I think the experience did wonders for my self esteem. It felt good to be free.

My nightmare came true when I took my first train trip in India. You might like this story...

In India everybody stares at you. I'm already self-conscious enough because of my acne and scars, so being stared at relentlessly on a train for twelve hours is a bit much. So I went into the bathroom to make sure my concealer was doing its job. Before I go on, let me mention that although I'm not a big makeup fan, I've used concealer for 14 years now because, being extremely fair-skinned, my acne and scars stand out a lot without makeup. Ok, back to the story... So I get into the bathroom and lock the door. If you've ever been in the bathroom of a train in India you'll understand how difficult it is to do your business without contaminating yourself. For one thing, there's crap and urine all over the narrow walls. The toilet consists of a hole in the floor, and you can see the tracks flying beneath you. As if that's not enough, the trains are anything but smooth, and the lurching and rocking makes the endeavor of staying clean twice as difficult. So as I was saying, I get into the bathroom and start to touch up my face with my concealer, and a sudden lurch sends my concealer stick flying out of my fingers, and... you guessed it!- down the hole. Gone. This meant that I had to spend the rest of my time in India without makeup- for the first time ever! I thought that people would treat me worse, and think I was hideous, but I was really surprised. Not only did I make a ton of friends over the next couple months, but I also got lucky with a wonderful romantic relationship with a wonderful, gorgeous guy who I'm still with 2 years later. The moral of the story is this: although you might think your skin is terrible and intolerable, other people are less likely to be as critical. To be honest, I think the experience did wonders for my self esteem. It felt good to be free.

Hi, I have to apologize but long posts bore the arse off of me. So typically I just read the first and last sentences. So apparently people stare in India, and it feels good to be free. Thanks dude!

Hi, I have to apologize but long posts bore the arse off of me. So typically I just read the first and last sentences. So apparently people stare in India, and it feels good to be free. Thanks dude!

What a worthless post. WHY did you feel the need to share that you have the attention span of a gnat?

I get the vibe from your post that you don't like India. :P Good story nonetheless.

What a worthless post. WHY did you feel the need to share that you have the attention span of a gnat?

At least I don't go around measuring the attention spans of gnats.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Just ignore Cold Culture. Their only goal is to get a bad reaction out of people.

He got several out of you.

Guest PokaHotAz

ditto

I get the vibe from your post that you don't like India. :P Good story nonetheless.

You're quite mistaken; I intend on going back. I'd rather live in India than in America any day.

its so sad that people are such assholes. i bet in real life you're total losers. i think this was a great story.

Agreed.

I'm glad you had a good experience in India. My native country you know, nice to know they were nice.

Guest Tenshi

same thing happened to me once.. i left my entire makeup bag in another country b4 i went to the airport.. :rolleyes: ididnt wear anything at all, and im sure i looked disgusting.. i was so desperate i started using the samples at the perfume/duty free shopping.. ot be honest my story wasn't so kind..im pretty sure ppl treated me like a monster..lol but India seems a nice place to go.. ive always wanted to go there..