Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
QualityAssurance

What to do about my scab

So i got a chemical burn on my face and its scabbed up.. is it going to come off by itself or should I help it in some way? everytime part of it falls off its really red and pissed off underneath. its fairly large under my right eye / top of cheek. Its been a week and its not getting to much better. My doc says leave it alone, maybe moisturize it.. ive tried aloe vera/polysporin and moisturizer.. all dont really do anything beside stop it from itching as much

So i got a chemical burn on my face and its scabbed up.. is it going to come off by itself or should I help it in some way? everytime part of it falls off its really red and pissed off underneath. its fairly large under my right eye / top of cheek. Its been a week and its not getting to much better. My doc says leave it alone, maybe moisturize it.. ive tried aloe vera/polysporin and moisturizer.. all dont really do anything beside stop it from itching as much

Its best to leave it alone, if u start peeling it and messing around with it, you wont help it u will probobly help it scar up, u should just leave it alone, its better to have a scab for 2 weeks than have a scar for the rest of your life.

Guest PokaHotAz

aloe vera will definitely help that scab..if u can find it in plant form the better

aloe vera will definitely help that scab..if u can find it in plant form the better

I was puting moiturizer on it but recently switched to aloe vera and it already looks better.. Polysporin worked pretty well also. One night i picked at it (very lightly) to get some of the dead skin off and my whole face swelled up like a balloon.. i took ibuprofin and used aloe vera and it calmed down, i wont do that again. I actually haven't even washed my face for two days because touching it in -any- way aggrivates it and my whole face is clearing up much faster to.. lol. I don't think I have one zit anymore although the right side of my face looks like hell because of the burn + aggrivated pores.. chemicals are bad

update:

ive been putting aloe on it all day and it felt fine, there are flakes of dead skin coming off everywhere.. which is a good thing I guess but the skin underneath isnt always happy to see me.. Anyways I went out and my face started to itch and burn like crazy! It was dry/cold outside is that why? also I dont see any scaring but some of the pores look pretty large, are those gonna shrink when the swelling and redness goes down? im assuming so.. god I hope this thing goes away quick.. the rest of my face is looking pretty damn good now aside from this. thanks for the help

update:

ive been putting aloe on it all day and it felt fine, there are flakes of dead skin coming off everywhere.. which is a good thing I guess but the skin underneath isnt always happy to see me.. Anyways I went out and my face started to itch and burn like crazy! It was dry/cold outside is that why? also I dont see any scaring but some of the pores look pretty large, are those gonna shrink when the swelling and redness goes down? im assuming so.. god I hope this thing goes away quick.. the rest of my face is looking pretty damn good now aside from this. thanks for the help

Whenver I have a scab on the face for whatever reason, I buy the curad silver gel pads you can get them at the grocery store, cut a strip out of it to fit on your spot with just a little of the tape on the ends and it will hold for two days like it says. The silver in the pad really helps heal, but you have to leave it on for at least a day before taking it off to get best results. Of course you will probably want to stay home :ninja: This really works well for reducing inflammation, I used to use polysporin and a bandaid, but I think this curad pads heal faster and with less scarring now!

looks a lot better today.. less red, less bumpy and without touching my face (just by smiling etc,.) im getting dead skin falling off. Nothing was happening until I started using aloe vera, if I ever melt my face off again ill try your technique its to late to switch strategies :)..