Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
insomnia!

WEIGHT LOSS

I'm an average weight, maybe a little on the skinny average. But I would like to lose a few pounds for the summertime. Any tips? Of course it should be a healthy way and not affect my acne that i already have for the worst. :D Thanks ahead of time.

Any special workouts I can do at home? I unfortunately cannot make it to the gym so any special home excercises would be great. I'm limited to a treadmill and weights here at home.

Just buy a sweat suit, go in a sauna and sweat it out.

it doesn't matter how much exercise you do, if you don't eat right.

so watch the total amount of calories you consume and burn.

thats exactly what i was thinking el gaupo about that calore/burning thing. i can usually burn around 500 calories on the treadmill (though i dont do it often) no problem and i eat pretty healthy, so i guess if I just keep eating healthy and burning it off too, I'll lose it fast enough.

that is the best diet ever ali

generally 500 calorie son my treadmill, which i can do every day if I just do it, I do like excercising though so it's not to bad. The thing about burning off calories is that even if you cheat it's not so bad.

I have heard of water helping tremendously, but if you would be interested in helping me out to understand this fully, how does it help so much?

wear a headband or anything to keep the sweat from irritating your face

after that just hit the showers and your good to go lol

- cut out all junk food(you can spoil yourself once a week.)

- drink plenty of water.

- don't eat after 8.

- eat a huge breakfast.(gets your metobolism going and no matter how much you eat in the morning, you can burn that off during the day.)

your diet is by far the most important aspect if your trying to lose weight.. you dont need to do cardio like theres no tomorow.. 3 or 4 times a week is plenty as long as your consuming less calories than you do usually.

THE EXPERT IS HEA..............KEEP IN MIND 3,500 CALORIES IS ONE POUND.................

YOU SHOULD DO YOUR CARDIO..FIRST THING IN THE MORNING...ON AN EMPTY STOMACH........

DRINK ONLY WATER..............

EAT BTWN 1,OOO-1,4OOO CALORIES PER DAY........

If you are serious and aren't a lazy ass, do HIIT(google it). Nothing comes close to burning fat and keeping your metabolism up after it is done. It takes less time than jogging or running on the treadmill but for that short timespan if you do it right, you will burn fat like nothing else. Of course just after doing it you'll feel like dying but high intensity cardio will do that to someone.

go cold turkey on all the junky things you like to eat. it'll suck at first but soon you'll lose your taste for them, i promise. you'll feel sick after eating junk, and it just wont tase food anymore.

take time to plan out what you're going to eat. if you get somewhere and there's nothing 'allowed,' then don't eat at all. wait until you get home. drink lots of water instead and revel in your hunger pangs knowing you're pure.

carry around apples or some other 'safe' snack, so you don't crash and get grumpy.

cut out refined food. you don't need it.

think about everything you eat. everything should serve some function. eating for pleasure is for fat people. would you rather taste somethign good for five minutes or feel good permanently?

wait until you are definately hungry to eat.

don't eat after 8 pm.

don't feel bad about throwing away food, it's going to go to waste anyway: either in the trash or in your fat cells.

buy higher quality food. it'll be more expensive but in the long run cheaper since you don't have to buy all that crap

don't keep crappy food in your house. if it's not there chances are you're not going to take the trouble of getting dressed and getting the car out and goign all the way to the store.

always eat before you go somewhere, even if they're going to have food there because you dont know if it's food you can eat and you don't want to be stuck eating unhealthy food.

drink about 3 liters of pure water a day.

don't drink juice, soda, or put milk/cream or sugar in your coffee or tea [unnecesary, empty calories].

inspect everything for unnecessary calories. no sauces.

try to just have steamed/raw veggies and protein like grilled chicken or fried tofu for dinner. don't bother with starches. if youre still starving have more protein or veggies. or a piece of fruit.

if you think health food tastes gross then deal with it! have some willpower! dont even think of food as something thats supposed to be 'yummy,' it's meant to nourish and if it's doing that then its doign its job and you can feel good about it.

just make complete and total changes in your diet. you need to go cold turkey on the junk because for some food can be like an addiction. pretty soon you wont even have to think about it, it'll just be normal for you. you wont want anything else.

basically you just need to overhaul your outlook on food. you eat to nourish yourself, not primarily to enjoy it. do something else that feels good if you want to enjoy yourself. food's not there so you can stuff yourself and feel good for a minute and sick for the next hour.

as for exercising: i'd say calisthenics like crunches [do a lot of different kinds, mainly obliques not so much just abdominals] and stretching are the best. get a set of small [5 lb] handweights and use those for arm definition. i feel like for me [im an ectomorph, so maybe its different for other people] diet is the way to lose weight. exercising just makes me gain weight because i get hungry more and my muscles change shape and i dont like the way it looks. it's easier for me personally to just focus on diet. i see better results with that.

if you have any more questions i could talk about weight loss for days lol, so just ask...

Lol i have the opposite problem to this - naturally thin as a stick and whatever i do to try and clear my skin makes me even thinner!

I found i really lost weight since drinking lemon water twice a day, which controls your blood sugar, GI etc. I tried this to clear my skin, lost half a stone, then stopped doing it cos i hate looking like a fukin skeleton!

Lol i have the opposite problem to this - naturally thin as a stick and whatever i do to try and clear my skin makes me even thinner!

I found i really lost weight since drinking lemon water twice a day, which controls your blood sugar, GI etc. I tried this to clear my skin, lost half a stone, then stopped doing it cos i hate looking like a fukin skeleton!

I know how you feel about looking like a skeleton lol.

I use to weigh a hundred pounds soaking wet, genetics...

It's harder gaining weight than it is to lose it.

Took me a good year of hard work to gain to my ideal weight.

then eat protein and do home exercises (push ups, crunches, deadlifts etc)

and read The abs diet :cool:

1 Vote for HIIT

High Intensity Interval Training

but most important is diet and portion control

DIET > EXERCISE in my opinion

this coming from a guy who went to the gym 1h+ 5 days a week for 5-6 years so far

then eat protein and do home exercises (push ups, crunches, deadlifts etc)

and read The abs diet :cool:

what's "The abs diet"?

push-ups don't help you gain weight, unless your doing handstand ones :D

shame on you that you've never heard of it! :P just google it, you'll find enough hits

im still reading it, but its a really good book.

gain weight? i thought he wanted to lose it.

shame on you that you've never heard of it! :P just google it, you'll find enough hits

im still reading it, but its a really good book.

gain weight? i thought he wanted to lose it.

just googled it, nothing special, seems like a gimmick to me.

i usually don't trust anyone who makes you cough up money for information that is free.

you mentioned "deadlifts", deadlifts release more growth hormones than any other exercise ergo gaining weight.