Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Abby L

Life after accutane

Hi all

For all those who've been on accutane - did your acne come back afterwards? If so was it as bad as before or not as bad? Or, god forbid - worse.

I have been off it for about two months and the oil is back.

Had to stop treatment before (skin was clear when I stopped) and was probably not on it long enough to get the full effects.

I've been off of it for two months and I have acne worse than before. I've decided to try starting up the regimen so I'll just have to wait and see how that goes.

I've been off of it for two months and I have acne worse than before. I've decided to try starting up the regimen so I'll just have to wait and see how that goes.

what are u serious?

what are u serious?

Yeah, I had very mild acne before, but now I am completely red and have little bumps all over my cheeks, forehead, and nose. As an aside, I was completely clear when on Accutane.

Its mostly just oil - couple of small pimples on forehead - time of the month problem area!

Ive noticed the texture is not as good as when I was on isotretinoin. I was on it for about 4 months - before my derm took me off it.

what are u serious?

Yeah, I had very mild acne before, but now I am completely red and have little bumps all over my cheeks, forehead, and nose. As an aside, I was completely clear when on Accutane.

omh i'm gogin on it cause of my ild byt persisitent acen...your scarring me

Its mostly just oil - couple of small pimples on forehead - time of the month problem area!

Ive noticed the texture is not as good as when I was on isotretinoin. I was on it for about 4 months - before my derm took me off it.

I was on it for the same amount of time. How long have you been off it? What is your current cleaning regimen?

MAN....Whats the point of goign on it then?

It's not the same for everyone. For some it may work, for others it may not.

yea but I have mild acne..well oily skin a lot of redness...some pimples...ah man

I was on it for about 5 months, and after comming off it, my skin was excellent for at least 3 months, then the sebum returned, although not as bad as before and the quantity of cystic acne was lesser than before.

A year after im back on it as the antibiotics seem to have no effect on me, and i still have cystic acne.

Here's my story:

I was on accutane from April till August last year. I was pretty clear during and about two month or so after. THen i started getting flesh colored bumps, tiny little bumps on my forehead and cheeks. So i was like, hell no I'm not gonna let my acne get worse again, I'm just gonna go back on Accutane (but i did wait for about 3 months or so, just to see if it would get better...it didn't).

I started my second course in January this year. All my flesh colored bumps have turned into cysts. I'd say that is my "initial breakout" (which I never got during my first course). It sux, but I'd rather deal with it now then let it get worse and scar....but I probably will nevertheless, since they are cysts. Bah...it's an endless cycle.

I honestly don't know what to think. I think it works well on some ppl and maybe not so much on others. For some ppl, you need to go two courses to be clear, some ppl need just one. It all depends I think. I'm almost done with my 2nd month of my 2nd course, which is all that my derm prescribed, but I think i'm gonna go and talk to her about maybe going on it for another two months, coz I'm still breaking out.

So, that's what's happened to me. Let's hope this will be the end. If not, I think I'll have to deal with god damn acne for the rest of my life. :doubt:

Here's my story:

I was on accutane from April till August last year. I was pretty clear during and about two month or so after. THen i started getting flesh colored bumps, tiny little bumps on my forehead and cheeks. So i was like, hell no I'm not gonna let my acne get worse again, I'm just gonna go back on Accutane (but i did wait for about 3 months or so, just to see if it would get better...it didn't).

I started my second course in January this year. All my flesh colored bumps have turned into cysts. I'd say that is my "initial breakout" (which I never got during my first course). It sux, but I'd rather deal with it now then let it get worse and scar....but I probably will nevertheless, since they are cysts. Bah...it's an endless cycle.

I honestly don't know what to think. I think it works well on some ppl and maybe not so much on others. For some ppl, you need to go two courses to be clear, some ppl need just one. It all depends I think. I'm almost done with my 2nd month of my 2nd course, which is all that my derm prescribed, but I think i'm gonna go and talk to her about maybe going on it for another two months, coz I'm still breaking out.

So, that's what's happened to me. Let's hope this will be the end. If not, I think I'll have to deal with god damn acne for the rest of my life. :doubt:

Did you have cystic acne or those flesh colored bumps before you took accutane?

really? O_O

I knoiw :(

Six months off tane yesterday :dance: I'm still clear. I don't use any retinoids. I use a BP/Glycolic face wash (Brevoxyl). I take omaga's everyday that contain Vit's A, C, D and E in small amounts. That's all I do.

It was WELL worth it for me -I'll go on it again if I have to - at the first sign of acne.

I *think* some people break out again because they go on retinoids. I tried using it against my better judgement for a day and it gave me bumps. It must've irritated my skin. As soon as I stopped, I was better again.

I've been off of it for 2 months now. I got a few zits come back on my back. I got paranoid and took 2 additional pills I had left over.

They went away but came back now. Just one big one on my back. The shit better not come back.

hey for those who said they had mild acne....i was wondering did yall have whiteheads too......coz ive been on roaccutane for like 5 days......i just have whiteheads and maybe 2 red pimples they arent really big or anything........i just wanna know whether it helps get rid of whiteheads too??

Six months off tane yesterday :dance: I'm still clear. I don't use any retinoids. I use a BP/Glycolic face wash (Brevoxyl). I take omaga's everyday that contain Vit's A, C, D and E in small amounts. That's all I do.

It was WELL worth it for me -I'll go on it again if I have to - at the first sign of acne.

I *think* some people break out again because they go on retinoids. I tried using it against my better judgement for a day and it gave me bumps. It must've irritated my skin. As soon as I stopped, I was better again.

I've heard the exact opposite, concerning retinoid use after 'tane. My doc was adamant I start on Tazorac immediately after 'tane was over with. I've been on it for about two weeks, but I can't use it every night yet. My skin is still way too dry. However, I haven't seen any new zits at all. In fact, I was still getting tiny dots here and there by the end of my 'tane course. Since stopping and going on Taz, things have been really clear (if flaky at times).

Hopefully, Taz will end up being more beneficial to me than not. Even so, if this doesn't work, I'll have the evidence I'll need to go back and demand another course!

Four months may have not been a long enough course. I was on mine for six, with a cumulative dosage of 180 mg/kg/day. How high of a dosage were you on?

I'm on it for mild to mod./persistent acne. It is doing GREAT for me. I'll go off of it in a few weeks.

what are u serious?

omh i'm gogin on it cause of my ild byt persisitent acen...your scarring me