Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
braveheart

pms/premenstral acne

as i get older i realize the most of my eruptive breakouts occur about a week before my menstral cycle starts. i'm sure that many of you have noticed this as well. i have scanned the board trying to find out if anyone has found a decent preventative method for premenstral breakouts. i have seen a couple of things but nothing about whether it worked for the individual that suggested it or not.

so far i have heard 400mg of chasteberry per day, vitamin B6, and even taking an advil twice a day before your cycle to avoid bad breakouts. i have tried none of these because i just heard about them. so, sound off ladies! what have you found that helps greatly diminish pms/premenstral breakouts?

I suffer from the same premenstral break-outs. It really sucks because normally I'll get a rather large pimple or two in an odd place like my butt or my breast :angry:. I'll get a big zit in the middle of my forhead of something. Due to PMS, I have one now right below my earlobe, it could be worse but who knows where it's going to pop up next month :wacko: . If I don't aggressively treat these pimples they tend to really grow and get out of hand so at the first sign of a PMS outbreak, I'm BP'ing it 2x-3x a day and perhaps an overnight sulfer spot treatment. I really haven't found anything to prevent these break-outs though :mad:

Before accutane, I'd always start to break out two weeks before my period was due, then clear up the week of my period and stay relatively ok the week after. I'm not sure, but I think being on Ortho-Tri-Cyclen had something to do with it, as every time I started on the light blue row of pills, things would begin to pop up. Plus, the zits that I did get (usually on the sides of my chin, about 2-4 every month) would stick around for at least two weeks and then leave marks. Next month, it'd be the same thing again.

I've heard things about those supplements as well. If things end up going back to the way they were before I starte 'tane, I might use them if the doc refuses to give me another course.

I am testing out taking Burdock root for a few days right before. i tried to take it all month but i think it made me irritable. i've tried in the past to take b6 all month and chaste berry all month to affect my hormones but i ended up irritable and getting my period more than once per month so i am trying to take stuff just right b4 and see if it helps. i do know that when i took the burdock root right b4 my period my mood was better and i don't think i broke out too much so i will try again this month and see. i have also read that taking spironolactone right before that time of the month could help also

I get the same thing, mine actually starts about 10 days before my period. My derm told me to take Vitamin B6 for those 10 days and that it would help. I haven't tried it though

Same thing here, I just started taking Yasmin and perfectil about 1 week ago. I notice that my red spots are diminishing and my hair is super shiny from the perfectil, I have less oil, hope the yasmin works when that time of the month comes around.

Same thing here, I just started taking Yasmin and perfectil about 1 week ago. I notice that my red spots are diminishing and my hair is super shiny from the perfectil, I have less oil, hope the yasmin works when that time of the month comes around.

could you tell me what Yasmin is please and perfectil ? id luv shiney hair ! ! Ive never heard of them :confused:

PMS was always my problem, too. Unfortunately, the acne I got during that time would take about two weeks to heal, so that just when I finally cleared, I would get another PMS outbreak! Not to mention red marks that lasted for months. I have decided that the only way to really get rid of this nasty problem is to deal with it every day, not just during certain times of the month. So after many years I have finally started a regimen (differin/duac) which appears to be working. I have now made it through one PMS period without a breakout and am keeping my fingers crossed for the future! And using jessfoliation which I learned about on this site to help with the red marks. . .This site has been great! I also learned about a very popular makeup which I am now addicted to! (MAC)

I get the same thing, mine actually starts about 10 days before my period. My derm told me to take Vitamin B6 for those 10 days and that it would help. I haven't tried it though

Hmmm ... I have some B6 in the cabinet. I'm going to give this a try when the time rolls around. It's good for reducing bloat, I know ... B6 is a diuretic ... but I didn't know it would have any other effects.

Yasmin is birth control, but perfectil are these vitamins for skin, hair and nails. Been taking it for a while, my skin is allot healthier and clearer. It has B6 and all these others vitamins and minerals in it. Hope that helps

Yasmin is birth control, but perfectil are these vitamins for skin, hair and nails. Been taking it for a while, my skin is allot healthier and clearer. It has B6 and all these others vitamins and minerals in it. Hope that helps

Thank you brig , i yust wondered , i will have to try the perfectil :angel:

i used to break out 10 days before my period too, and i tried yasmin birthcontrol, but all it did is making me gain 15 pounds. now i am on dan's regimen and i am 100% clear even during that dreadful time of the month.