Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aew212

Discouraged with Accutane

I'm halfway into my second month of my second round of Accutane on 80mg. Things aren't clearing up, and I'm ready to quit and go back to Antibiotics. I think a lot of my acne is just a really bad infection. I've tried Minocin, which I did not stay on for long because it caused bad nausea. Doxycycline, was ok, but didn't clear up my bigger pimples. Clindamycin was okay as well, not completely succesful. Are there any other Antibiotics that I haven't tried that might just do the trick? What about Septra and Bactrim that I hear about?

I would agree that you shouldnt give up, accutane helped me a lot about 80%. and you continue to get improvement but it takes time. Good luck

I would stick with it. My derm said she said some people don't start to see postive results untill their 4th month. I would stick it out. Your derm prescribed it for a reason. They know what is best.

Dont stop, you're only on month 2. I'm a little bit into month 3, and my face is just starting to get really dry, and its been 3 months!

I'm seeing some results, but im still breaking out and stuff.. dont give up, stick threw it for your hole course, you wont regret it.

I'm halfway into my second month of my second round of Accutane on 80mg. Things aren't clearing up, and I'm ready to quit and go back to Antibiotics. I think a lot of my acne is just a really bad infection. I've tried Minocin, which I did not stay on for long because it caused bad nausea. Doxycycline, was ok, but didn't clear up my bigger pimples. Clindamycin was okay as well, not completely succesful. Are there any other Antibiotics that I haven't tried that might just do the trick? What about Septra and Bactrim that I hear about?

Try to stick it out. Everyone's different and you just may take longer to see the positive effects; my acne didn't begin clearing until towards the end of my 4th month! I don't believe I'll ever be "cured" and I may need a 2nd course....but it's better than it was before, which is better than nothing. I only have about another 3 1/2 weeks left so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.