Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jennyb

I quit the CSR and my skin is better

OK, I had what would be considered mild acne. It was on my chin and starting to cover the right hand side of my forehead. It was really effecting me emotionally. These zits were HORRIBLE, kinda one on top of the other, and when they would come to a head there would be like 4 heads on ONE zit. Anyways, I tried the CSR but could only do it in the evening for my skin is very sensitive. Initially I saw an improvment, but after that initial improvement my skin didn't get any better. So I kept it up for 2 months, and my skin was really painful, not from the zits but from the advers effects of the BP. My skin was feeling as if it was burned. And it looked horrible! So flakey and red and my make up always looked bad! I had tried Eucern but it gave me cysts.

So moving forward to today....

I decided to try something different. So in the morning:

1.scrub with baking soda (hoping it helps with my redmarks)

2. Wash with Cetaphil

3.Neautragena Oil Free Moisture

Night:

1.Daily Wash with Desert Essence (with tea tree oil and sea kelp)

2.Oil Free Moisture

Everyday I also take a homeopathic remedy for acne. Its has sulfer in it.

My skin looks SO much better. I have NO active pimples, just redmarks, which aren't great but time will take care of those. My skin doesn't hurt anymore its soft and smooth. I know there has been much success on the CSR for ALOT of people. Good. But I know many people haven't been as happy and i wanted to relay my experience in hope of helping those who are still searching for answers.

Jenny

Oh, I forgot to add that I have been doing my new routine for about 2 weeks. And before that I had followed the Regimen to a "T"

Jenny

Anyways, I tried the CSR but could only do it in the evening for my skin is very sensitive. Initially I saw an improvment, but after that initial improvement my skin didn't get any better. So I kept it up for 2 months, and my skin was really painful, not from the zits but from the advers effects of the BP. My skin was feeling as if it was burned. And it looked horrible! So flakey and red and my make up always looked bad! I had tried Eucern but it gave me cysts.

First of all, if you are only using BP once per day, you are not on the regimen. At that point you are simply using some BP and nothing more. The reason why BP usually doesn't work for people is because they only use it once a day for some reason, usually at night because they worry about it being visible on their face or something.

I also have never heard of eucerin moisturizer giving anyone cysts. I have used it for years now and I have only had one cyst ever.

I'm glad you found something that works for you. I just wanted to let you know that you cannot really conclude that the CSR failed you since you were never actually following it properly. Having BP on your face 24 hours a day is the key component.

First of all there are many people who only use BP once a day because of sensativity. I started off with twice a day but my skin couldn' t take it. And I gave it a college try. Second of all I am not the only one who have stated that the Eucerin was irriatating for their skin. Are you trying to tell me that I didn't break out because of that lotion??? I certainly saw a cause and effect...

I was just relating my experience because the CSR doesn't work for everybody and I wanted to relay what I had gone through so that it may help someone. This board is to help people, right?

I'm not bad mouthing this site, I think its helpful, but anyone has to admit that it doesn't work for everyone.

Jenny

I would guess that if your skin continued to burn two months after you started using a 2.5% BP that you are allergic to it. Dryness/redness can persist for a while, sure, but BP isn't supposed to be painful after you've gotten used to it.

Maybe an aspirin mask (I've read a bit about them elsewhere on the forums, search for it) would be good for you. People seem to have good results with reducing red marks and breakouts from aspirin masks.