Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Woo Woo

how long does it take you?

I just wondered how long it takes all of you out there to put on your makeup??? It takes me a goood hour and thats after years of practise at covering and concealing. It really does my head in ,I always have to get up ages before any one else in my house . I wish i could just get up and go ! What are your routines in the morning ???

It usually takes me quite a while (30 mins), but I can be speedy if I need to (like if I'm late for class!). Here's my routine in the morning:

Regular version

- wash face, & sometimes exfoliate (5 min)

- use toner & spot treatment, wait to dry (2 min)

- use moisturizer, wait to dry (2 min)

- apply liquid foundation (5 min)

- check email and stuff while that dries (10 min)

- set liquid foundation with powder (3 min)

- lip gloss, blush (1 min)

which comes out to about half an hour altogether... it can be slightly more if I have a large blemish to cover that requires infinite care and skill! If I'm running late, though, I do this:

Speedy version

- don't bother washing face, just tone & spot treat (2 min)

- slap on liquid makeup really fast (3 min)

- wait impatiently for it to dry (2 min)

- slap on powder really fast (2 min)

- forget lip gloss & blush altogether

and I am out the door in 10 minutes. But I don't recommend it! I really, really wish I could just get out of bed and look like a normal human... but that never happens. Maybe someday!

It takes me about an hour too. If I'm rushing 45 minutes...or if I don't bother with my hair 30. Its about 25 for the actual makeup

Guest PokaHotAz
I just wondered how long it takes all of you out there to put on your makeup??? It takes me a goood hour and thats after years of practise at covering and concealing. It really does my head in ,I always have to get up ages before any one else in my house . I wish i could just get up and go ! What are your routines in the morning ???

i feel ur pain...same here...about an hour ro apply it... about 2- hours doing the regimen b4 makeup

for school i take about 10-15 mins.. i have to apply my finacea gel (azelaic acid) 4 red marks..wait a couple of minutes..then moisturizer..and then dab on a little bit on foundation.. then i'm out the door.. i dont even bother w/ lip gloss/blush etc ...only on the weekends.

An hour just for makeup? I would never have the patience.

It depends on how much time I have, usually...Foundation/concealer and mascara are the only things that are really time-consuming, and I usually spend less than 10 minutes on those. I also always wear blush, but that takes maybe 30 seconds. Eyes are what vary the most, if I have extra time I'll do liner and different shades of shadow, but I'll also just smudge some liner on or apply a little shadow with my finger if I don't feel like spending time on it, so that varies between 30 seconds-5 or 10 minutes. And of course if I have a mascara mishap I have to start over. Lip gloss I usually just put on while I'm walking to class.

Guest Tenshi

on average about 20-25 min..after washing my face and patting on moisturiser it takes me about 5-10 min to apply foundation..2 min for concealer, 1 minute for powder..then ill put mascara on, some eyebrow pencil, lip liner, lipstick and blot my face with a blotting tissue..

If its special, then maybe 40 minutes..

on average about 20-25 min..after washing my face and patting on moisturiser it takes me about 5-10 min to apply foundation..2 min for concealer, 1 minute for powder..then ill put mascara on, some eyebrow pencil, lip liner, lipstick and blot my face with a blotting tissue..

God im too obsessive !! Ive got to quicken up then ha ha ha ha ha :wall:

My whole makeup process takes about 30 minutes if I'm taking my time. It only takes me a few minutes to apply my foundation. I don't take the time to individually conceal each pimple. I just put an even layer all over my face then powder a few minutes later. I like taking my time on my eyelashes though to get them full and perfect.

Well, since I stopped wearing foundation and powder, etc, it takes me about 60 seconds (lipstick).

Or sometimes 2 min (lipstick and mascara). :whistle:

If I'm going to do the whole shebangto go out, probably about 15-20 minutes.

On the rare occasion I do put on makeup to go to work: 2-3 minutes

To go out somewhere that's not work, like a bar or club: 5 minutes

For a special occasion like a wedding: 7 minutes

This isn't counting face washing, applying my duac or BP, and moisturizing...that whole process take about 20 minutes......

God im too obsessive !! Ive got to quicken up then ha ha ha ha ha :wall:

hahaha, i am just as obsessive about you (especially on baddd skin days)... if that makes it any better, hehe.

;) I average 35-40 minutes getting ready altogether (in the mornings). For example, before going to school today, this is what I did (I'm in school now :whistle: ):

After showering and all that, which takes me 15-20 minutes (...is that long?)

I spend about 15 minutes on my face;

-Wash face with cleanser

-Apply moisturizer and let it dry

-Put on foundation (I wish I didn't have to!)

-Apply mascara (a must)

-Blot or powder, some days. But not usually.

-I use vaseline for my lips, lol, people should try it.

Then I spend the last five picking out and putting on my clothes.

And in defense of 20 minute showers... My hair is like, two feet long ;) . Well, it reaches my lower back. It's my favorite attribute, because it's thick and doesn't thin out at the end like other people's might.

Why does it take you so long? What's your routine like?

15 minutes is NOT a long time for a shower... i think the shortest i've ever taken was like 20, but it can go up to an hour if i have to shave [i have long legs, ok lol!!]. i also exfoliate and wash my face in the shower, and usually i body brush before the shower [yeah bridget jones].

soo after the shower it looks like this:

-baby oil gel while still in the shower

-wash hands

-apply neosporin to face and let dry while i fuck around online

-comb out hair with wide tooth comb and part with rattail

-apply aquaphor to lips

-apply moisturiser, let dry while i choose my clothes which can take up to ten minutes

-get dressed. probably try on a couple different things before i decide what i want to wear

-apply more moisuriser

-immediately [looks better and more sheer when mixed with moisturizer] put on a layer of liquid foundation and let dry

-apply powder

-apply conceiler stick if anywhere's still gross, set with more powder

-bronzer

-run straightener through hair

-mascara

-light pink gloss or lipstick [made sheer from the aquaphor]

-apply hair serum/gel/pomade

-spritz on perfume

this is like if i'm going out [mall, bar, starbucks, anywhere] or seeing my boyfriend, or just want to feel cute. sometimes i put more makeup on my eyes, i like the smoky look occasionally. i usually allow at leasttwo hours if i have to take a shower as well.

as for the 'late to class' routine, i'm in college so its degraded a LOT. i used to do the above every day before high school, but now i'm lucky if i wash my face at all, or even change out of pajamas before class [i have a 9 am every morning].