Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When is this product going to kick in? I'm on week 7 and still my skin looks like crap..some days it looks okay and others it doesnt. I bet this differin isnt going to do shit for me. Plus my skin is more oily.

When is this product going to kick in? I'm on week 7 and still my skin looks like crap..some days it looks okay and others it doesnt. I bet this differin isnt going to do shit for me. Plus my skin is more oily.

I have used differin gel now for about 5 months. It takes a while to kick in, but now my face (forehead and neck) is clear and rarely has breakouts. I use it twice a day. If I only use it once a day my forehead and neck break out. My dermatologist prescribed this for me. My regular doctor gave me Erythromicin solution and that takes care of the rest of my face a little bit. Anyway, I am thinking of trying Retina- A. I can not use differin gel on the rest of my face. I have a very bad result. Give it time it should work. It worked for me and I thought it would never kick in. You must use it constantly. Try not to skip any days.

Thanks andstep...I make sure to never skip any days...I just hope it kicks in. i'm gonna stick with it definitely because I usually give up right away when things arent working how I want them too. But I know everyone says to give this time, but I'm just afraid that this wont work just like everything else.

I only use it at night..I wonder if it would work better if I use it twice?

I'm on tretinoin, which is very similar. You have to be patient. I'm at week 16, and my skin is still improving! If you see NO improvement by 12 weeks, then switch meds. But full improvement can take up to 6 months I have been told.