Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thinman

another retin A question!!!

i just started using retin A...

i've read that you're not supposed to put it in the area around the lips - but i have acne on the skin above my upper lip ... im assuming it's ok for me to put it here?

please help!

i just started using retin A...

i've read that you're not supposed to put it in the area around the lips - but i have acne on the skin above my upper lip ... im assuming it's ok for me to put it here?

please help!

Just make sure you don't get it ON your lips.

-BoB

You can put it on the area around your lips, but the skin there is more sensitive so you might get more irritation. I was putting applying it to this area every second night, and only the smallest amount. If I applied too much my skin would just peel and turn pink for a couple of days. Over time your skin will adjust and you should be able to apply it every night to these areas.

I just switched to retin-a micro, which is a frmulation that is less irritating, and now I don't ever have to skip applying meds to even the most sensitive areas. Retin-a micro comes in 0.04%, and 0.1%. If you have persistent problems with irritation i would highly reccomend it.