Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've tried almost everything I can think of to get rid of my acne. Countless washes/scrubs/oils, exfoliators, benzoyl peroxide, salicyclic acid, tetracycline antibiotics, clindamycin phosphate, increasing my water intake, excersizing more, washing my pillowcase constantly, not touching my face, washing gently, icing, visine drops, leaving my face completely alone--but nothing, absolutely nothing will get rid of my acne, or more importantly, get rid of the REDNESS.

I am so frustrated that all these medications and methods I've read that are supposed to help, do next to NOTHING! The first time I went to the derm., he gave me salicylic/benzoyl peroxide, which did nothing. Second time, the antibiotics/clindamycin, which helped a LITTLE, but then stopped working.

I did not have acne when I was younger, I developed it at about 20~21 years old. I'm now 23, and it's gotten even worse. My sister has the same skin-type as I do, and developed acne when she was 20 as well. But she is 26 now and STILL has the acne!

She has tried accutane, I have not--but it did not work for her at all, so I have reason to believe it won't work on me. I will be going to the dermatologist again to see if there's anything I can do.

Has anybody else been as remarkably unsuccessful as I have been in clearing their acne? Does anybody know of any OTHER methods to "get the red out"?

Thanks for reading my rant.

The only two medications that have made any significant improvement to my skin are Diane 35 (BCP), and topical tretinoin 0.1% (retin-a micro). In addition to these I have been on oral tetracyline, topical erythromysin, topical clindamycin, SA, BP, benzamycin, and topical tretinoin in 0.01, 0.025, and 0.05%.

What type of acne do you have? I get large papules and pustules, but i also have alot of clogged pores, blackheads and whitheads. I think tthat my acne has not responded to alot of traetments because they are focusing on killing bacteria, which does nothing for my cloogged pores. And if I have tons of clogged pores, I'm going to have acne. Tretinoin unlogs pores, and Diane 35 reduces oil production, so i think it would also prevent clogged pores. This is my theory on why these medications have worked, and nothing else has.

So if your acne is similar to mine, maybe you would also have success with these. Hope this helps.

I can't make any promises, but Dan Kern's regimen on the main acne.org homepage worked for me. I had mild/moderate, I don't know if it's ideal for your type (perhaps a picture would help, IDK) but who knows.

i tried everything also..but the only thing that worked for me was washing with a mild cleanser and tazorac at night

I finished my treatment cycle last week--of clindamycin phosphate, benzoyl peroxide and doxycycline. It was unsuccessful, which is why I was annoyed enough to post this thread.

Benzoyl peroxide has never helped me--it just causes redness and irritation. So after finishing the doxycycline pills, I threw away the benzoyl peroxide and have continued to only use the clindamycin. It's working well! My acne has reduced about 40% in redness since last thursday. It seems the benzoyl peroxide was actually preventing my acne from healing by making it constantly irritated and red.

I've got a dermatologist appointment tomorrow.. Here's hoping it continues to clear!

I've actually never noticed if Clyndamycin solution works for me. As for Benzoyl Peroxide, it's only good for those cysts that are about to pop.

Well my advice is, you need to try everything there is in the world. If your acne is'nt gone then you have not tried everything. Even I myself who have mostly tried all the products there is in the market associated with pimples am not saying I have used every product there is in the market. Sometimes, you just need to try everything.

Have faith in yourself. You need to take a risk in every product there is. :ninja:

I finished my treatment cycle last week--of clindamycin phosphate, benzoyl peroxide and doxycycline. It was unsuccessful, which is why I was annoyed enough to post this thread.

Benzoyl peroxide has never helped me--it just causes redness and irritation. So after finishing the doxycycline pills, I threw away the benzoyl peroxide and have continued to only use the clindamycin. It's working well! My acne has reduced about 40% in redness since last thursday. It seems the benzoyl peroxide was actually preventing my acne from healing by making it constantly irritated and red.

I've got a dermatologist appointment tomorrow.. Here's hoping it continues to clear!

I always found BP horribly irritating. It dehydrates your skin, which can actually make you MORE prone to developing comedones ... bad ...

Try a retinoid. Retin A or Tazorac ... they'll clean out the pores from the inside out.

I always found BP horribly irritating. It dehydrates your skin, which can actually make you MORE prone to developing comedones ... bad ...

Try a retinoid. Retin A or Tazorac ... they'll clean out the pores from the inside out.

I went to the dermatologist today. She said that I should continue using the clindamycin (prescribed me a 70 gram tube) and said that I could come back if I felt like I needed Retin-A Micro. I'm going to try the Clindamycin first, since it seems to be working, if it doesn't.. I'll try both. :)