Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

After some thought, I think it has more to do with an over-active immune system.

Have any of you ever noticed that when you get sick, you tend to break out? I think that may be related to your immune system being more active than usual. Even people who don't have acne oftentimes will experience breakouts when they have a cold or whatever.

So I'm wondering if anyone's ever tested the white blood cell count for people afflicted by the disease and compared it to people who aren't. I'm not sure exactly what you would do to cure this (supressing the immune system sounds kind of dangerous...)...

Similarly, when you are mentally stressed there are more breakouts. Again perhaps an "over-reaction" to a perceived bacteria threat.

Guest Akira

acne strikes at random, there is no logical explaination as to why its there, what purpose it serves, and how long it will last, its all determined at random.

acne strikes at random, there is no logical explaination as to why its there, what purpose it serves, and how long it will last, its all determined at random.

Can't be...there's gotta be a somewhat logical explanation behind it.

yea and all of this ridiculous speculation on this board is getting outta hand. Why is everyone posting their "theory" when researchers can't figure it out? I hate how people try to justify their theory based on the little science they know. Open up a biochem book and you'll know how complicated it is and then you wont make anymore wacky theories. Im going to try to start a trend by actually posting studies, instead of speculative BS. You might want to take a look.

yea and all of this ridiculous speculation on this board is getting outta hand. Why is everyone posting their "theory" when researchers can't figure it out? I hate how people try to justify their theory based on the little science they know. Open up a biochem book and you'll know how complicated it is and then you wont make anymore wacky theories. Im going to try to start a trend by actually posting studies, instead of speculative BS. You might want to take a look.

ok i gotta ask the RICH and FAMOUS companies that creates "anti-acne" CREAMS, TOPICAL, and a LOT MORE! that claims "use this cream or whatever and you'll be ACNE FREE in THREE DAYS!!! (oh wow!) the real cause of acne... oh wait, are they gonna tell me the truth???

some people had success with a digestive system cleanse, liver flushes, supplements, quitting topical meds, anti-candida, changed diet, EFA supplements, etc. and did the "anti-acne" companies suggested that??? did they told you that a poor digestive system and a poor liver function can have an effect on acne??? i guess NOT. all they care about is to sell as many topical meds and be rich! so where did the people found that answer? one word, RESEARCH! from where? OTHER SCIENTISTS and or ORDINARY PEOPLE! but why? because they wanted to SHARE their SUCCESS!

so dont tell us that this is a speculative b.s.! some people who tried some of the mentioned above was just a theory of there's alone before, but when they had success with it, they share their story and the things they did and it ain't a theory anymore because they have proven it. so go and do your research from the scientists that probably didn't suffer from stubborn acne's like us and doesn't care if it is the real answers or not!

hey guys...i've found this 1 at www.acne-remedy.org....

ACNE is an eruptive skin disease primarily due to the disorder flow of oil glands through the tiny ducts of the skin, which results to the plugging of sebum, bacteria and dead skin cells with dust and dirt.

Acne or pimples were broken down by dermatologists into the following categories:

-Comedo. This is an oil duct plugged up with oil, dead skin cells and bacteria.

-Whitehead. A closed tiny white bump comedo with skin covering on top.

-Blackhead. An open comedo, which appears black because of the exposure of the skin covering to oxygen and not because of dirt, just like what people mostly think of it.

-Papule. This is a ruptured comedo that looks like a small, hard, red bump, which inflammation and secondary infection occurs.

-Pustule. This is also a ruptured comedo with the same inflammation of papule but it has pus near the surface of the pimple that gives it a yellowish center.

-Nodule. This is sometimes called as cyst. It is also a ruptured comedo but larger, deeper and more painful than a pustule and can result to scarring.

There are other forms of acne which people should know:

-Acne vulgaris. This is the most common form of acne that is usually associated with adolescence.

-Acne conglobata. This is most severe form of disorder.

-Chloracne. This is caused by chlorinated compounds.

-Acne rosacea. This is characterized by redness, inflammation and dilated blood vessels that are located in the cheeks, forehead and nose.

Here are some of the reasons why people get acne:

-Hormones. Hormonal change can result to acne, especially to women during menstrual cycle and pregnancy. The changing of hormone levels enlarge the production of oil glands in the body.

-Stress. Too much work can result to acne. People should always have enough rest.

-Cosmetics. People wearing heavy, oily make-up may experience the clogging of pores that can cause acne. Oil-based make-ups are no-no.

-Occupational exposure. If your work requires you to be assaulted by oil or numerous chemicals, expect an acne development, especially if you have a sensitive skin. Resting your chin on your hands, telephone and computer works can also be a factor.

We have as many as 2000 oil glands per square inch on our face. Everyone will experience the quest of getting acne out of our system. But we have to remember that for us to cure or prevent acne; we should first know everything about it.

there are other article found there and i think the space provided here isn't enough for me to post all of that and it will be boring for you tho read that too long..just check it out..you can also found natural treatment there..try it if you want...

Guest Akira

wow, thank you so much, the last 10 acne remedies i tried didn't work, but i have full faith your one will.....

You know its never convincing, least of all by a member with their first post to check out an acne cure site, THERE IS NOT ONE!!!

1. It's not a theory, it's a hypothesis

2. I've read more on the subject of acne than you can even imagine. This is based on what I know of physiology in general. Sure, it's merely speculation, but if we don't speculate, we'll never find the answer (s).