Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fibre_putty

Stronger than i thought? Or weaker than i think.

I thought i was pretty depressive compared to most people i know, but ive come here and read how depressed people are about their acne, how some would like to commit suicide, and i wonder maybe im not as bad as i thought.

I feel pretty bad every day, because not only do i have acne on my face, but all over my back, chest and at time my bottom. The worse part is not the pain from being unable to sit or lie down, its not the fact my family are sick of my anti social behaviour, its not the fact ive had it for 11 year, its not even the the clothes i dont wear due to the blood stains.

The worse part is the scarring.

I spoke to the dermatologist and apprently due to my skin pigmentation, i will suffer worse scarring, and even better, most cosmetic procedures will leave me with unbalanced skin tone.

Quite a rubbish emo post that probably belongs in a blog, and i bet i'll get those saying that i should consider myself lucky as there are worse out there, which is probably quite true.

You should consider yourself lucky as there are worse out there.

...sorry, couldn't resist :P

I know it sux to have acne, and sometimes it might feel that you're the unluckiest person in the world, but it's just something you have to get over, it's gonna help if you act all depressed, it won't make it go away.

I can't believe I'm saying this because I'm really insecure and anti-social due to my acne, and I know it's hard to take advice from people you don't know, but the most important thing is knowing that you're not alone in you're battle against acne.

advise dosent make you stronger, when someone tells me cheer up, i just want to tell them to fuck off, they dont know what its like, nobody knows, and im sick of the whole "there are people in worse shoes than mine", well i dont care, most of those people are from africa and shitty countries where they dont have anything, but we here in the 1st world can create colonies in outter space but can find a cure for a damn bump on my face.

Some days I feel like the Queen of the World. Other days, like I'm the biggest fuck up out there and god has forsaken me.

That's just life. Up and down, sideways and back. Take it as it comes, roll with the punches, all that jazz.

I keep hearing about unbalanced skin tone and I'm embarassed to say that I really don't understand it. Does is simply mean that portions of the skin are darker or lighter than others? And if that's the case, would getting some sun help with that at all? Sorry if I seem like a dumbass, just a little curious.

My skin tone is redder in some areas and the pores are more visible in other areas. I think that's what some people are talking about.

Its pretty to 'not' be anti social, especically when you have bad skin pretty much all over your body due to some stupid thing called acne. I guess id probably be the same if it were just my face, but seeing the damage it and the medication has done to my body is quite disheartening.

Makes all those intimate situations pretty much impossible....

advise dosent make you stronger, when someone tells me cheer up, i just want to tell them to fuck off, they dont know what its like, nobody knows, and im sick of the whole "there are people in worse shoes than mine", well i dont care, most of those people are from africa and shitty countries where they dont have anything, but we here in the 1st world can create colonies in outter space but can find a cure for a damn bump on my face.

Even if you are a moron who cares only about his little part of the world, there is still a lot of people in "rich" countries that suffer much worse than you.