Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BFGUITAR

Are moisturizers good for your skin?

In my opinion: no. Most have one or two really active and moisturizing ingredients (some sort of oil derivative, no matter how "oil free" it is), but that comes with a whole lotta preservatives, chemicals, fragrance, colorings,etc.

If you need a moisturizer, look for ones that have the fewest number of ingredients. Iuse a drop of jojoba oil and thats it.

Jojoba oil is actually a plant wax. It is chemically very similar to facial oil. You can get it at any healthfood store, or a place like Trader Joe's or Whole Foods.

I use a drop or two when my face is still wet, and that takes care of that after-washing dryness. My skin feels fine the rest of the day.

yep, jojoba oil is great.

though, use a suncreen or a moisturizer with spf on your face, preferabbly everyday. jojoba doesn't have spf unfortunately. :(

I agree too!! Most moisturizers feel and look good initially, but aren't that great for your skin. Here's a good page w/ moisturizer info. You have to scroll down a little, its long.

Simple oils are probably better, or pure aloe. Also, its better to use a mild physical sunblock (reflects the sun) like titanium dioxide, rather than a chemical sunscreen. I'm in the process of looking for something like that now.