Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
2KFan

Putting BP on your entire face?

i recently went to my derm. last time i had gone to him was 3 years ago when my acne was mild. back then i used bp only on zits. but i went back to the derm after my acne had flared up these past few months. i think mine would be classified as "moderate/mild" now.

so i went to him and he told me to use BP on my entire face every night before i go to bed. before, i always used bp on zits and nothing more.

i could care less about my skin being too dry from the bp. if it stops the acne, then im all for it. anyone have any stories(positive and negative) to tell about using BP on one's entire face?

i recently went to my derm. last time i had gone to him was 3 years ago when my acne was mild. back then i used bp only on zits. but i went back to the derm after my acne had flared up these past few months. i think mine would be classified as "moderate/mild" now.

so i went to him and he told me to use BP on my entire face every night before i go to bed. before, i always used bp on zits and nothing more.

i could care less about my skin being too dry from the bp. if it stops the acne, then im all for it. anyone have any stories(positive and negative) to tell about using BP on one's entire face?

negative is that it screwed up my healing and such...but thats me

anyone have any stories(positive and negative) to tell about using BP on one's entire face?

Read the Clear Skin Regimen personal logs ... that's what they're all about ...

When I was in high school and had mild acne, I always tried spot treating with the Neutrogena On the Spot BP cream. It makes sense to do that, I mean, the directions tell you to apply it to acne and acne-prone areas, so I pretty much just put it on anything that had emerged or looked like it was about to. Of course, that did jack diddly. My mom, on the other hand, always used the Neutrogena BP on her entire face, and I thought she was nuts. I told her, "It's called "On the Spot" for a reason!" But even though she claimed she was prone to adult acne, I never saw any blemishes on her face and figured she was just imagining being acne-prone.

Then after I discovered this site and read Dan's regimen, I realized that she had been right and I had been wrong all along. Spot treating is pretty stupid--all it does is make active acne disappear slightly more quickly, and does nothing to prevent new pimples. You really have to cover your entire face with BP, even areas where you rarely get blemishes. Now that I've been doing that for a couple of months, my skin is much clearer. I'm kind of mad at myself for not listening to my mom years ago, but I guess if my acne hadn't ever gotten worse after I graduated, then I wouldn't have discovered Dan's far superior BP lotion and would be spending a crapload each month on a Neutrogena BP habit. Just as long as you moisturize generously with a good lotion, you should be fine with putting BP on your whole face.

thanks for the replies. yeah thats what i thought too. on the bp it says, "use on active infected areas" so i didnt know i could use it on my entire face. hopefully this works... ive been pretty clear for about 2 days now... but we will see...

Guest chon_bon

thats what ur suppose to do in the regimen. its worked for me.