Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i use BP gel and it seems to really dry out my skin, so i switched to BP Vaniching cream it isnt as drying .. has any1 experienced this drying? and how long should i wait after putting on BP to moisturize? I think its 15minutes but im not sure .... one last questions does BP clear up existing blackheads?

Have I experience drying? LOL Welll lets put it this way I got the product in november 05 and stopped using it after two weeks, My face broke out so bad with more acne than I had and my skin was was dryer than the sahara desert. and stayed dry for over 3 months, Bascially my skin is just now getting back to normal :mad: I went to see my dermatologist and my skin is radiant now, should of went to him in the first place :) Please don't put that stuff back on your face, It may work for you I don't know. But it did nothing for me but messed my skin up temporarily.

If your face was dry for 3 Months -- that sounds like an allergic reaction or something serious. Did you put too much on.. and 3 months is a little.. Dramatic? I got severly dry to where it hurt to talk with Proactiv, but it only took 6-7 days off the product to get my skin back to normal...

?? :/

i use BP gel and it seems to really dry out my skin, so i switched to BP Vaniching cream it isnt as drying .. has any1 experienced this drying? and how long should i wait after putting on BP to moisturize? I think its 15minutes but im not sure .... one last questions does BP clear up existing blackheads?

BP's main side-effects are redness/dryness/peeling. A certain amount of that is to be expected. But you can minimize those by using a good moisturizer, and a gentle non-medicated cleanser. And be sure to start out with only a tiny amount of bp. Don't start out with the full amount.

Which bp gel are you using? And which cream? Are both of them 2.5%??

And you should wait around 10 mins. after applying the bp to apply the moisturizer.

BP's main side-effects are redness/dryness/peeling. A certain amount of that is to be expected. But you can minimize those by using a good moisturizer, and a gentle non-medicated cleanser. And be sure to start out with only a tiny amount of bp. Don't start out with the full amount.

And you should wait around 10 mins. after applying the bp to apply the moisturizer.

I use Cetaphil Facial Moisturizer it works really well but sometimes it stings when i out it on with the BP and it does make my face look greasy or something ... so i try to noly use it at night. Unfortunately the only BP around here is 10% but i guess the store i go to juss came out with 2.5% and once i use this up i am going to buy that one. I dont use the gel bc it runs out to fast so ive been using BP Cream ... does that make a difference?

I use Cetaphil Facial Moisturizer it works really well but sometimes it stings when i out it on with the BP and it does make my face look greasy or something ... so i try to noly use it at night. Unfortunately the only BP around here is 10% but i guess the store i go to juss came out with 2.5% and once i use this up i am going to buy that one. I dont use the gel bc it runs out to fast so ive been using BP Cream ... does that make a difference?

FieryLove,

the 10% is probably why you are drying so much. I'm glad you do have access to a 2.5%, I think once you switch to it, your face will be happier.

yes i hope so ... i think its gettiong use to it tho bc it hasd been has dry ... hasnt been flaking lately either i think thats in part with the new cleansing bar i use ... the cetaphil gentle bar was actually to harsh on my skin so is witch to Olay and that is like moisturizer in a bar let me tell u lol ... than god the winter is coming to an end.